[CRASH] Oregon 450

Sorry if this issue has been addressed in another topic but I was planning on leaving in a few hours on our annual July-4th weekend 1000+ mile geocaching trip and I am rapidly running out of time trying to deal with this on my own.

I am trying to load a new .gpx file from GSAK to my Oregon 450 and the load hangs up when the green bar at the bottom gets about halfway across the screen. This has happened intermittently in the past and I have always been able to get the file loaded. Today, however, I have tried about 20 times with no success. I have even tried NOT copying over a .gpx file and the unit still hangs. I have deleted all the tracks (archived and current) and even reduced my start-up text to two lines (name and phone number).

Any other possible fixes I can try???

Thanks, DeltaMikeAlpha

Try the "delete all waypoints" option in the reset setup menu and then load the file.

I can't get past the "load" screen. The unit hangs then turns off after about 20 secs. I HAVE deleted all waypoints, text info, tracks, .gpx files by hooking the unit up to my computer. Unit software is also current version from Garmin.

Try the "delete all waypoints" option in the reset setup menu and then load the file.

I can't get past the "load" screen. The unit hangs then turns off after about 20 secs. I HAVE deleted all waypoints, text info, tracks, .gpx files by hooking the unit up to my computer. Unit software is also current version from Garmin.

Have you tried to pull the batteries and reseat the microSD card?

Have you tried to pull the batteries and reseat the microSD card?

I have pulled the batteries and don't use a micro-SD card. Long story short... this unit doesn't recognize it and I have tried working with Garmin about it. After this trip I'd say it's time to exchange this unit for another but that doesn't help me in the short term. My other option is to borrow a Magellan for the weekend.

I just tried this and the GPS freezes when the "Do You Want to Do a Master Reset?" screen comes up. I have to remove the batteries to turn the unit off.

Did you try deleting the gpx folder, or just whats inside it?

ISSUE IS RESOLVED!!!!

Thanks to all for the input. The Master Reset stuff got me thinking about the one thing I hadn't tried... the maps.

I decided to reload maps using Basecamp and just reloaded a subset of those that I normally have on the 450. When I hooked up the unit to Basecamp I also noticed that the tracks I thought I had deleted from the "Current" folder showed up in Basecamp. I also deleted those directly through Basecamp. When I powered back up the unit worked so I loaded my .gpx file and all the geocaches loaded properly and SHOW UP!

I am back in business with 2 hours to spare!! Rainy River here we come!