Well thanks for moving my thread!

Personally I NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER read the Off Topic forum and I don't expect many other UK cachers do either so what on earth would be the point of posting a UK SPECIFIC thread there?

The thread was simply asking about parking to do the cache GC2CRMA this Saturday OK, I might have failed to mentioned that fact in the thread but it is about 300ft away!! ;)

This thread

The thread would have been totally irrelevant in a day or two and would have died on its own accord

It's that sort of over policing that kills forums :mad: :mad:

Thank you and goodbye

Mark

Edited by Delta68

The thread was simply asking about parking to do the cache GC2CRMA this Saturday OK, I might have failed to mentioned that fact in the thread but it is about 300ft away!! ;)

Mark, Your post doesn't mention anything about looking for a cache, just about parking your car on a driveway. Others started talking about your request being about going to a concert rather than finding a cache so I suspect it was moved on that basis. Looks like it's back now anyway.

I'm sorry, but since when have geocachers been public parking space providers? Even to other (total stranger) geocachers?

Anyone I don't know who would like to come and park on our front drive while they, say, watch the rugby over at Kingsholm had better think on, caching or no caching! Unless there's a decal on the car, then there might be a chance I'd commence the vetting procedure. <_<

Public transport, or Park & ride buses are a great alternative.

Edited by Fianccetto

If posts like yours asking for parking for a gig are allowed to remain, where will it stop? Every fortnight I might start asking for someone to allow me to park my car on their drive for the Exeter Chiefs away matches (cheers for the offer of a space near Kingsholm Fianccetto B) ).

Yours might have died after a few days, but what if a few dozen people had asked similarly off-topic questions? It would quickly get annoying.

And from your original thread -----

I take it you are going to the bowl to see the foo fighters?!

Yup! :lol:

So which one is the lie ????

Edited by Smurf

If posts like yours asking for parking for a gig are allowed to remain, where will it stop? Every fortnight I might start asking for someone to allow me to park my car on their drive for the Exeter Chiefs away matches (cheers for the offer of a space near Kingsholm Fianccetto B) ).

Yours might have died after a few days, but what if a few dozen people had asked similarly off-topic questions? It would quickly get annoying.

You can park here anytime! No driveway, but local scroats will make sure nothing happens to your car. Mate parked his very expensive merc outside a couple of weeks ago, and the watched over it in a group, bless them... Didn't touch it though.

Not sure Exeter Chiefs would have much reason to be here. We also have 0 gigs of any note...

I have to agree with the reasoning behind this new thread of Delta68's.

Whatever reason they may have for wanting to park off road, the fact remains it is a UK relevant question. Those mods move in mysterious ways. Hey, I've even seen threads just disappear into the ether. :)

PS...how was the concert last night?