Who Qualifies

afraid not I am a firm believer in supporting the site, $30 a year IMO is a small price to pay to use the resources that GS has provided. said resources don't come free, I do realize that GS makes money on other Geocaching related items but this is my way of hopefully getting Non-premium members to pay up.

Well kablooey as much as I would like you to get this cache, if you can't spring for a PM well than I guess you'll have to pass on this one.

No problem. Couldn't hurt to ask. I'm a non-premium member for personal (not financial) reasons.

afraid not I am a firm believer in supporting the site, $30 a year IMO is a small price to pay to use the resources that GS has provided. said resources don't come free, I do realize that GS makes money on other Geocaching related items but this is my way of hopefully getting Non-premium members to pay up.

Well kablooey as much as I would like you to get this cache, if you can't spring for a PM well than I guess you'll have to pass on this one.

No problem. Couldn't hurt to ask. I'm a non-premium member for personal (not financial) reasons.

Solve it like a puzzle :ph34r:

From a cacher in the same area just across the river I love the challenge. At this point not sure if I will ever qualify but I know it is one talked about a lot and what a great challenge it is. Many people like to have that challenge to help get them out every day to do something. I personally for health reasons can only go out if I have someone with me and I can't drive so it would be hard. I am lucky that I can find someone anytime I want to cache to take me. Portland area is full of friendly cachers always willing to have someone else along for the ride. I have found I love hiding the caches and where I can't be a good maintainer of caches now I help probably one of the biggest hiders around hide his and maintain them GEOSPAZ. I help him go through his emails and make a list of potential maintenance ones and also ones that have reached a certain amount of finds since last log replacement etc. I believe he does a great job of maintaining his. I also believe he has done a good job of creating fun series and such. Scubasonic as a matter of fact I believe had a FTF on one of the ones we put out a couple days ago. SS is the "FTF KING" I have heard the arguments also that he cheats to get FTF's..............Kinda hard to do when you show up as second to find and his name is there with time. I have also seen a couple where he was STF also. People complain that he never lets them get FTF and my answer to that is get up and go get it then before him. It publishes at 730am and you don't go for it until 930am what do you expect? I wish we could get a challenge of 500 FTF's or something it would get people out more and getting the new ones. Still waiting for SS to do my mystery cache notice he doesn't go for FTF on those LOL. SS who cares what others think the Portland area loves ya and if some don't forget them.

I hate to say it but 20 bucks seems awfully cheap for a 1095 day streak. How can you prove it anyway without someone actually checking every single log at GZ to make sure that person was actually there. I know I've logged on the site here without logging in the log book, because I was an idiot and left the car without my pen......another reason Mrs. MULLY needs to be with me at all times.

MULLY

I'm going back to sign the book sooner or later

It surprises me that in the forums, no matter what is posted in any thread, there is always someone there to jump on someone else for something dumb. Geocaching is a green game that is supposed to be full of courteous people, who leave stuff the way they find it or better and yet, these forums are routinely mean. Not by all, just by a select few. That being said, I'll never make it to 1095 because I work 24 hours at a time. The longest streak I could have is maybe 2 weeks. Sigh, maybe in retirement...

$30 dollars is nothing, but GS has to know that if they start making demands, people will go elsehwhere and new upstart geocaching sites will appear. In a weird sort of way, that may be the wish of people with high number/stat counts; are they pushing this idea? Eliminate competition; they feel threatened?

Edited by TorgtheViking

$30 dollars is nothing, but GS has to know that if they start making demands, people will go elsehwhere and new upstart geocaching sites will appear. In a weird sort of way, that may be the wish of people with high number/stat counts; are they pushing this idea? Eliminate competition; they feel threatened?

Boy with the size of The Geocaching site, I can't see how anyone else could compete, or would want to.

Boy with the size of The Geocaching site, I can't see how anyone else could compete, or would want to.

Since GS sets the subscription price, what did their marketing department say? Would they loss any profits on merchantise if they made it all premium membership? Would they have to compensate a loss in profits by raising premium membership? How high is too high $$? Membership cost is not an issue for me. I guess only GS only knows. Will they disclose their financials to end this argument? But that could be a trade secret? Boys I have every confidence in you. Go move that mountain!!!

By the way, am I competing against GS if I hide non-Groundspeak caches in my back acreage or in proximity to their existing caches for my family and friends enjoyment or should I not want to do that? Bigger question, can caching happen without Groundspeak/Geocaching.com? Don't get me wrong, I love GS but they are not the final word in caching. I have fun with my own caches and those from other cachers that are not published here on GS.

Edited by TorgtheViking