Nudist geocachers

Hey I see my An ode to Nudecacher http://coord.info/GC1HPB6 was mentioned.

The funny thing is I still haven't been completely nude at my own cache. I always had my underwear on. However, I did make the ultimate sacrifice at the birthplace of my nudecaching experience. I'll let you try and find that picture if you really want to see it. And the thing is, that was the highlight of my trip.

What intrigued me the most about the Nudecacher (Gary) is the fact he just does his thing and doesn't care what others think. That is liberty right there. And he isn't harming anyone. That is what I like about Geocaching. It is what you make it. The Nudecacher makes it his thing, if you don't want to cache nude, you don't have to make it your thing.

However, if you do, An ode to Nudecacher is about the perfect spot. Just risque enough to be fun, but the odds of getting muggled are pretty darn slim. I was quite pleased with its location. I still want to wait until the occasional snow storm and get a picture there in the snow. Some day.

Just noticed this old post. I accomplished my goal!

https://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=0ee65a2f-a9f0-4150-a134-2b81507a1ec6

If you are ever in the very southwestern corner of Utah, there is a geoart of a Kokopelli. 133 caches and no one around. I’ve been out there 5 times and never seen anyone. It is easy to avoid cactus and other pokey things.

GC29AB9, JD’s neither shady nor a lady

We have done just one of the legs of this geoart and hope to return to finish it one day. Yep, no one around and we spent the time nude going from cache to cache. The nice breeze, warm sun and easy walking made for an ever remembering time.

I am not a nudist but I wonder if there are any Geocaches at Indian Hills Nudist Park in Slidell, LA (the closest nudist park near my house)?

There is a cache at the entrance sign.

I drive thru Slidell when I am going to visit my parent's fishing camp in Bay St. Louis, MS. The next time I am in Slidell, LA, I am planning on finding that Geocache. So thank you for letting me know about it.

I've never been a nudist and never will be - I don't enjoy it and don't see any reason to go naked if you're not enjoying the sun and nature - but I have a doctor's prescription to sunbathe naked whenever possible due to a noncommunicable health issue. I honestly wouldn't mind trying this sometime if I was part of a group of men and women doing the same, and I wasn't going to bother or gross out anyone. And that I was well-covered with sunscreen and insect repellant...I can say from personal experience that sunburns on certain body parts can be VERY painful!

Edited by BFG99

Just found my 7,000th cache :D and as with every 1,000th find, I find the cache naked from start to finish. We also do a lot of nude caching in between also. This find was fun from start to finish and the weather was perfect, partly sunny and warm. A nice hike to the cache, an easy find. Took the usual find or location photos but can't post them here. Then as we looked around we saw an easier way to go back, isn't that the case at times. Thth gave us more nude hiking time and made the find even more memorable. GC21AAD

Well, a bare didn't meet a bear in Alaska on our trip. We found over 180 caches in AK and did some au natural:D as well. We had 8 days to enjoy the mountains and photography all over the state. Each day we either cached naked or did some nude photos to remember our trip. Just one cache was a problem with mosquitoes and we did find it quickly. Geocaching took us to the best locations for scenery and small town history. We are so happy we finally did the trip and would recommend it to every cacher out there. Yep, we saw bears, caribou, porcupines, moose, whales, seals, reindeer, eagles, and many more animals. Even ate raw salmon heart as they were being fillet. The weather was wonderful, 83 in Anchorage when we arrived and we wore shorts and t shirts for the two weeks. The 20+ hours of daylight was perfect for those late night finds. Yes, a few of the walks in the woods did have us on edge with the threat of a bear encounter. The best we saw was a mother moose and her baby swimming in a river along the road. Mom would stop and dive down and come up with a mouthful of greens from the bottom while the baby was trying to find a way out of the river. It must have been some pretty cold water but it didn't seem to bother the moose. We even had clear skies to see Denali.

So in total, 1800 miles around the state and a week cruise to top it off. Then a day to cache in Vancouver before heading home.

Sorry to see this is a rather dead group. We still cache naked whenever possible and have a great time. Our recent big find was Mingo and we were fortunate to be able to walk to the cache naked and sign the log. It is the perfect location for a few minutes of being naked in nature.

Unfortunately geocaching policy will not allow us to post any pics. Kansas has so many places we were able to cache naked it was fantastic. 95+ degrees and a 20+MPH winds sure felt good on our bodies.

On 7/1/2018 at 8:50 AM, NakedNHappyHunter said:

Sorry to see this is a rather dead group. We still cache naked whenever possible and have a great time. Our recent big find was Mingo and we were fortunate to be able to walk to the cache naked and sign the log. It is the perfect location for a few minutes of being naked in nature.

Unfortunately geocaching policy will not allow us to post any pics. Kansas has so many places we were able to cache naked it was fantastic. 95+ degrees and a 20+MPH winds sure felt good on our bodies.

Mingo is the perfect location for going naked to find a cache?   I haven't found it myself but it looks to me like it's just a stones throw and probably in full view from an interstate highway.  

• Upvote 5
On 7/1/2018 at 5:50 AM, NakedNHappyHunter said:

What? If you can't find ways to post nude caching photos, you aren't trying hard enough! 

We had thought Mingo was in a fairly desolate area for naked caching, but after finding Tarryall, it was even better. A simple .10 stroll to GZ au natural topped off another old cache found. You can see a great distance in all directions and we had no problems.

Now we are looking forward to our next trip out west for even more au natural caching. The trip starts in two weeks.

Others who cache naked send us an email.

On 7/2/2018 at 1:28 PM, NYPaddleCacher said:

Mingo is the perfect location for going naked to find a cache?   I haven't found it myself but it looks to me like it's just a stones throw and probably in full view from an interstate highway.  

Not really, it is much lower than the highway and almost no one exiting or getting on from the cross street. There is very little traffic, the whole time we were there no cars passed by and the cache is to low to be seen from the highway.

We have just started a new caching adventure that should last several months covering a lot of the West below the snow line. We have a few of the oldies picked and ready to head out to find them. Once again naked caching is on the agenda as much as possible.

Send us an email if you know of locations and caches that would fit our caching style.

Always interested in meeting other cachers who have a similar interest.

Thanks

So only a week and a half into our extended caching adventures we have have had perfect weather for some au natural caching including GC19. The location for GC19 is so nice why wouldn't you enjoy nature naturally? A nice breeze was appreciated as the temps pushed 90 and very low humidity.  We look forward to many more au natural finds.

Of course we took many photos but can't post them here:((

gc19.jpg

Well it is 2019 already and almost April. Our caching time has slowed down just a bit with too many other things to do after getting home from a 4.5 month road/caching trip. Luckily two new caches came out a bit back that offered us the au natural time we needed in nature.

Looking to another long road trip in June for several months. The more remote the better.

Will try to finally get the naked cache in N FLA.

Wow, 2019 was an incredible year for us and geocaching. Another several month trip from FLA to Idaho and all in between. So many places to go to, things to see and of course caching and naked caching were a big part of our adventures. We found our 10,000th cache while bare in bear country in Montana. Our dash cam recorded our naked adventure to find the cache. We find being out in nature naturally is always a highlight of our trips. Oh yea, the alien head geo art in Roswell, NM out on BLM land was a another au natural adventure. Just us and the jack rabbits.

2020 is here and we are planning our trip. We have already cached naked in north FLA doing more geo art and look forward to finishing it on another trip.

On 8/20/2018 at 3:08 PM, NakedNHappyHunter said:

Not really, it is much lower than the highway and almost no one exiting or getting on from the cross street. There is very little traffic, the whole time we were there no cars passed by and the cache is to low to be seen from the highway.

Honest to God, I thought of you when I was at Mingo. I looked around, considered all the angles, and you're right! No one would see me nude. 

• Funny 1