Nudist geocachers

You'd be much more likely to run into another "trail user" on urban caches. :laughing: :laughing:

Since when were there trails in urban areas?

Seattle and the whole Puget Sound region has them all over. It's amazing how many great urban trails there are around here. I would not recommend nude caching on them though. Usually a lot of people. A lot of caches, but also a lot of people.

A good idea for a challenge cache would be a cache that has to be found nude.

ummm, can't do it anymore.

that's considered an ALR: additional logging requirement. Those are no longer allowed.

Challenge caches are allowed at this point, although only by a hair.

Tons of threads on this.

Are there any other nudist geocachers out there. Do you do nude searches? I am a nudist and want to search the more remote areas of so cal nude.

What about a nude cache event

I still don't know how many people we could get in one area. Maybe we could have a nude caching day with emails and pix of all participants.Many areas I know of would be overrun by a group but are cool for small groups.

A good idea for a challenge cache would be a cache that has to be found nude.

ummm, can't do it anymore.

that's considered an ALR: additional logging requirement. Those are no longer allowed.

Challenge caches are allowed at this point, although only by a hair.

Tons of threads on this.

Does that mean that a cache that was placed inside a Naturist facility that was nude-only (with the owner's permission) would be disallowed? The owner is willing to grant a free day pass to cachers who quote the GC code at the entrance.

Are there any other nudist geocachers out there. Do you do nude searches? I am a nudist and want to search the more remote areas of so cal nude.

I still don't know how many people we could get in one area. Maybe we could have a nude caching day with emails and pix of all participants.Many areas I know of would be overrun by a group but are cool for small groups.

Nude flashmob cache event.

A flashmob where you really get to flash it!

Someone had to say it.

I would like to add that I am all for the nude cachers going together for the caches. I think also you need to highly promote any outing you will be doing. Make sure you notify the forums as well as the state websites so that any of us who wish to know about such things can find out and then avoid that area on the said day of caching. Thanks for your cooperation!!!

Ash

Nude flashmob cache event.

A flashmob where you really get to flash it!

Someone had to say it.

Wait till that goes by your reviewer. :lol:

Edited for emoticon

Edited by sword fern

We had a nude flashmob after geowoodstock last may at GC18RR9. Actually just a meet and greet, but a lot of people stopped by, and most got nude at least for a while.

MAJOR EDIT: I see now that kw4gt is actually the owner of the cache in question, a clothing optional cache near Geowoodstock 2013 in Florida. But was there an official listed on Geocaching.com Flash Mob or Meet and Greet? I don't see it in his profile. I do want to know if they listed a clothing optional Flash Mob.

I am personally aware of a nude only cache (you must get nude to enter this private nudist park, per park policy) that was vehemently rejected by Geocaching.com, and eventually listed elsewhere. However, if your Flash Mob was clothing optional, just like GC18RR9, I think they would list it here.

Edited by Mr.Yuck

We had a nude flashmob after geowoodstock last may at GC18RR9. Actually just a meet and greet, but a lot of people stopped by, and most got nude at least for a while.

Was this "flash mob" or "meet and greet" listed on Geocaching.com? Because you actually link to the clothing optional cache near to, and found dozens of times by attendees before and after GeoWoodstock 2013. Link to cache page. I suspect you don't log all your finds, because according to your profile, you didn't even attend GeoWoodstock, let alone this Flash Mob. Not trying to give you a hard time, but I do want to know if they listed a clothing optional Flash Mob.

I am personally aware of a nude only cache (you must get nude to enter this private nudist park, per park policy) that was vehemently rejected by Geocaching.com, and eventually listed elsewhere. However, if your Flash Mob was clothing optional, just like GC18RR9, I think they would list it here.

I just archived "NJ's First Clothing Optional Geocache" (GC331A8). It was meant as a joke because it was hidden in a popular suburban park right next to a heavily used soccer field and poorly shielded from adjacent homes, the last place you'd place a true clothing optional cache. Some finders played along posting photos that hinted that they were naked (a pile of clothing, naked from the waist up, etc.), however at least one person actually stripped to make the find.

There is a newer topic about getting a group of gay cashiers to go out together. Would be interesting if a reviewer were to merge them.

Gay cashiers? What's so unusual about that? Check out the cash register area at hair salons, upscale trendy furniture stores, art galleries, etc., etc.

By the way, aren't hetero cachers (or cashiers) allowed to go caching nude??

You'd think that if you could provide a photo to the reviewer of you hiding a cache nude, they'd make an exception for that because of all the extra trouble you went through.
What extra trouble? You didn't even bother to get dressed...

Yes, but applying sunblock takes twice as long. And let's not forget the daily exercise needed to make one confident enough to bare it all!

You'd be much more likely to run into another "trail user" on urban caches. :laughing: :laughing:

Since when were there trails in urban areas?

Check out a few of my caches. :rolleyes:

Maybe not where you live, but lots of opportunities where I live if you are willing to explore.

To some "urban" means all buildings and concrete, to others it means you can see or hear the neighbors.

Hey I see my An ode to Nudecacher http://coord.info/GC1HPB6 was mentioned.

The funny thing is I still haven't been completely nude at my own cache. I always had my underwear on. However, I did make the ultimate sacrifice at the birthplace of my nudecaching experience. I'll let you try and find that picture if you really want to see it. And the thing is, that was the highlight of my trip.

What intrigued me the most about the Nudecacher (Gary) is the fact he just does his thing and doesn't care what others think. That is liberty right there. And he isn't harming anyone. That is what I like about Geocaching. It is what you make it. The Nudecacher makes it his thing, if you don't want to cache nude, you don't have to make it your thing.

However, if you do, An ode to Nudecacher is about the perfect spot. Just risque enough to be fun, but the odds of getting muggled are pretty darn slim. I was quite pleased with its location. I still want to wait until the occasional snow storm and get a picture there in the snow. Some day.

How come all the pix of nude cachers are guys? Lets see some female nudies.

There are other sites that emphasize that more - or so I'm told. ;)

I'm sure we'll get some comments from women on this.

By the way, I wonder what % of cachers are guys. My impression is that it's well over 50%. Anybody know?

Edited by wmpastor

Hey I see my An ode to Nudecacher http://coord.info/GC1HPB6 was mentioned.

I enjoyed looking through the gallery photos. Looks fun. I would like to do one here but I'm not sure anybody here would take their clothes off.

"Caching season" is short in Canada. "Nude caching season" is even shorter, right?

We cache all year round. All that is needed is a pair of snowshoes, a shovel, and a metal detector for those pesky micros.

As for nude caching, we've got 3 weeks a year where you could do that.

There is a newer topic about getting a group of gay cashiers to go out together. Would be interesting if a reviewer were to merge them.

Why? What does being a nudist have to do with being gay?

Maybe he assumes there's a corrolation? (Is there?) Or that things might heat up? Or he knew he'd be rattling someone's cage (e.g., yours)?!

In Canada, you could tie an underwater cache in with a polar bear plunge. Make it a nudist one, and you have a trifecta of winter fun!

Why not take a fourth element from this thread - the gay theme - and add that. You then have a "quadfecta" of winter fun!

For the ultimate select group, gear the event to gay Canadian cacher cashiers who scuba dive naked in winter! :P One hotel room should be sufficient. :)

In Canada, you could tie an underwater cache in with a polar bear plunge. Make it a nudist one, and you have a trifecta of winter fun!

Why not take a fourth element from this thread - the gay theme - and add that. You then have a "quadfecta" of winter fun!

For the ultimate select group, gear the event to gay Canadian cacher cashiers who scuba dive naked in winter! :P One hotel room should be sufficient. :)

Be sure to ask for a couple hot towels. And have a hair dryer ready to thaw out your...Bison tube ;) But be careful not to freeze your ammo cans off :laughing:

Edited by T.D.M.22

Why? What does being a nudist have to do with being gay?

Maybe he assumes there's a corrolation? (Is there?) Or that things might heat up? Or he knew he'd be rattling someone's cage (e.g., yours)?!

No cages rattled here. It's just that I realize that hatred is bred in ignorance, so I usually make an attempt to dispel ignorance in the hope of removing a little hate from the world.

Here's a blog post about nude geocaching near Toronto. B)

Wow, that's really cool. Too bad I'll never be there, but even more sad that it wasn't approved. While I'm sure there was some puritanical motivation, I think what actually justifies rejection is that this is basically an advertisement for Bare Oaks. And probably a very effective one! I suspect a cache for a similar enclave that wasn't nudist wouldn't be approved, either.

While I'm sure there was some puritanical motivation, I think what actually justifies rejection is that this is basically an advertisement for Bare Oaks. And probably a very effective one!

I can't deny that promotion wasn't a motivator for the management to approve the project. But it wasn't the reason for the person who proposed and created the cache - there are several members who are into geocaching. And that was never the reason given for refusal. After all, people who come to find the cache get in free. They have to register but that's to maintain some control on who enters the property.

I suspect a cache for a similar enclave that wasn't nudist wouldn't be approved, either.

There are actually many caches located in campgrounds. That wouldn't be that different really. I presume you would need to register when you enter a campground or you would be trespassing. Here are a few examples that I found. Some are not even subtle about promoting the campground.

IBTL. :ph34r:

You've given examples of other nudist caches, and there was one near Geowoodstock in Florida last year (which may be in the list, I didn't look at them all). Did you try appeals at Geocaching.com, or just take the final word of the local reviewer?

Edited by Mr.Yuck

IBTL. :ph34r:

You've given examples of other nudist caches, and there was one near Geowoodstock in Florida last year (which may be in the list, I didn't look at them all). Did you try appeals at Geocaching.com, or just take the final word of the local reviewer?

I am the other half of team Bare Oaks and I submitted the cache originally.

There was much back and forth with the reviewers and appeals, over the course of a year.

After "moving the goal line" several times, it was finally indicated to me that they did not consider naturism to be "family friendly"

I can't deny that promotion wasn't a motivator for the management to approve the project. But it wasn't the reason for the person who proposed and created the cache - there are several members who are into geocaching.

I don't doubt the motives are sincere. I'm just observing that this is a commercial promotion even though that's not the intention.

Don't get me wrong: I really like this cache because it's a promotion, and I'd like to take advantage of it. I'm just saying that it's easy to see how it might trigger a concern about commercial caches.

And that was never the reason given for refusal.

Interesting. Perhaps the people rejecting it never really engaged their brains because their knees were jerking so hard. Or maybe they really aren't worried about the commercial aspect. But it doesn't much matter because, regardless of what I might guess about it, that's not actually why they rejected it.

There are actually many caches located in campgrounds. That wouldn't be that different really. I presume you would need to register when you enter a campground or you would be trespassing. Here are a few examples that I found. Some are not even subtle about promoting the campground.

It's not just a matter of being let onto the grounds, or even of promoting the place. It's that, whether your intention or not, the cache is a come-on to get people to try out an experience they would have to pay for if they wanted to repeat it. Let me reiterate that I have no problem with that, I'm just guessing that geocaching.com would think it crossed a line if they ever got around to thinking about it.