Nudist geocachers

I would give a standing ovation to those that can do this nude. There are days wearing a tank top leaves me look like a scratched up mess and I get enough hurt through my clothes through somethings that I can't imagine how not cool it would feel naked.

lol. When I go hiking if I don't pick up several good scratches I feel like I didn't get my money's worth.When you do it nude you just walk a little slower and be more watchful. Jay
  • Funny 1

You just need to get used to it. Cody Lundin, from Dual Survivors TV show. No shoes. Or, almost never:

Cody's shoes:

D2B6DF2F85521CD3924BD1_Large.jpg

Does he wear shoes in snow? I went to college with a kid that would wear sandals all winter long (in Wisconsin, with NO socks!) I still see him some times when I am coaching skiing because he will come out to the hill to take pics of the racers and there he will be on the hill with sandals on. :rolleyes: I remember his feet were pretty tough but not like Cody's. Wow.

I'm pretty sure nuedcacher tends to wear shoes when geocaching. Moderation in all things. :)

Running into another trail user is interesting. You not only have to explain why you are nude, but you also have to explain geocaching to them.

Gary

aka Nudecacher

Which part is mmmm .... uhhhh.... ummm.... more difficult?

(Yeah, that's the word... difficult.)

Where I live, you'd wind up in jail for that.

I hope to think that in most places this be true. :rolleyes::rolleyes: Wonder if they have stinging nettles and chiggers in So Cal?

We have a cholla cactus that throws burrs at you.

That's interesting. We have burrs, brairs, thorns, and all kind of bitin' bugs and bees that sting. I'll just stick to only getting naked at GZ in a swimming hole like a local EC way back in the woods.

My favorite is awe_cz's 'Eden cache' GCZ2DP.

I also watch kw4gt's 'Owasso Shalom Clothing Optional Cache' GC18RR9 and

my tribute from elrojo14 'An ode to Nudecacher' GC1HPB6.

If you find any caches that belong on my list, jaygonude, be sure to send them to me.

Gary

aka Nudecacher

Your log on my "My Birthday Suit" cache is still my favorite for that cache. B)

My favorite is awe_cz's 'Eden cache' GCZ2DP.

I also watch kw4gt's 'Owasso Shalom Clothing Optional Cache' GC18RR9 and

my tribute from elrojo14 'An ode to Nudecacher' GC1HPB6.

If you find any caches that belong on my list, jaygonude, be sure to send them to me.

Gary

aka Nudecacher

I don't know whether you want to list world-wide naturist caches but there are several in Norway: Here

I think there are one or two in the south of France too but I can't recall the names atm.

MrsB

Are there any other nudist geocachers out there. Do you do nude searches? I am a nudist and want to search the more remote areas of so cal nude.

I'm curious. How would the thrill of geocaching be different when done sans clothing?

No difference.Just with comfort of being nude in nature
  • Funny 1

Are there any other nudist geocachers out there. Do you do nude searches? I am a nudist and want to search the more remote areas of so cal nude.

I'm curious. How would the thrill of geocaching be different when done sans clothing?

Everything's more fun sans clothing. I used to hate mowing the lawn until I discovered that I could do it nude. One still needs shoes, goggles, and hearing protectors, of course.

Gary

aka Nudecacher

• Funny 1

I don't think it's something you can really understand until you try it. B)

Please! No more photographs!

I have to admit a lurid interest in the thread, thinking that at least there

might be a CHANCE of a beautiful young maiden in the woods, but when all I see

is scrawny, wrinkled, hairy old men . . . well . . .

I'd better stop before I say something insulting.

<_<

I grew up in a nudist family, and my wife and five kids have enjoyed the nudist lifestyle at home and in various nudist resorts we belong to. We are still casual nudists at home but we quit going to all but one of the private camps and public beaches when my daughter decided 3 years ago at 17 that putting up with the jerks who tried coming on to her wasn't worth it.

Nudists will tell you that it isn't about your looks and sex but unfortunately for too many it is. That's why we stuck to private resorts like the one we still belong to, Gymno-Vita south of Birmingham, because men are not allowed in without a female companion and anyone who makes a pass at a woman, and especially the young ones, gets permanently booted for their first offense.

However, and no disrespect meant to Gary or any other nude cacher, we're not into public displays and shock value holds no interest for us. At nudist camps this old one-legged fat man is just one of the crowd, but on a public trail it would be quite offensive to most. What we do in private is not always appropriate for public, and gettin' nekkid certainly isn't something we would do outside of a shared environment like a nudist resort or public nude lake or beach.

I suspect nudecaching would be more popular in Europe where the attitudes toward nudism and sex are much less inhibited than here in the States.

The topic of caches at nudist locations has come up every now and then over the years and I think it has usually been deemed by most to be not such a good idea, but as long as folks know what they are getting into I think they are a great idea.

If you get your idea of what naked people look like from Playboy, however, you are gonna be sadly disappointed by the reality you will find there! :huh: If the idea that some old fart might walk up and talk to you while you sit in a pool chair, his junk a foot from your face makes you uncomfortable then you really don't need to be there! I will always admire a beautiful woman, I think my wife is still quite a hottie, but you don't go to these places to stare at beautiful naked people. If you can't look a woman in the eyes while talking to her but instead get fixated on ogling her pear you won't last long in that environment. As was mentioned earlier, go to events and look at the attendees. Do you really want to see that crowd nude? :blink: Do you want to encounter them naked on a forest trail? :rolleyes:

Edited by TheAlabamaRambler

Honestly today I was totally bummed out because I got to a cache I could legitimately do without clothes except when I got there there were a ton of horse flies and while I briefly considered the option (because it was warm enough to do it as well) the horseflies overwhelmed me and I didn't. I could have probably even done this one without shoes too which also crossed my mind to at least try that but I didn't.

Honestly today I was totally bummed out because I got to a cache I could legitimately do without clothes except when I got there there were a ton of horse flies and while I briefly considered the option (because it was warm enough to do it as well) the horseflies overwhelmed me and I didn't. I could have probably even done this one without shoes too which also crossed my mind to at least try that but I didn't.

Avon Skin So Soft, the secret weapon of nudists in the war on bugs everywhere! An excellent repellant.

I was thinking about this topic again yesterday as I waded through a field of waist high grass into a thicket of dense trees and pricker bushes (um, no pun intended there) and decided that, no, this would not be a good idea. Never mind it was 94 degrees and the sweat was pouring off me.

I was thinking about the reaction of unsuspecting other hikers coming upon a nude hiker. The most common reaction is to laugh. Most people think it's funny. The common thought that people would be horrified just isn't the case. There are very few people with that reaction. The nude bike riders at the Fremont Solstice Parade in Seattle and the nude runners in the Bay-to-Breakers race in San Francisco are partly what make those events so popular. Even the Mayor of San Francisco had positive comments for the nude racers. I ran in the San Francisco race 5 years ago. That was a lot of fun. My estimate was that there were about 300 out of the over 60,000 runners that did it nude. My biggest problem was I was going too fast and it would be over. I slowed down to a slow walk on the second half so I wouldn't finish too soon. I did the 7.5 miles in just over 3 hours.

Gary

aka Nudecacher

• Funny 1

I have never geocached in the nude but do routinely cache barefoot. (Feel free to peruse my profile gallery for some examples.) I've never had any trouble with terrain but have received some interesting reactions from people - one grounds worker at a mall once wrote down my tag number even after explaining what I was doing! He couldn't get his head around the idea that a grown man would go barefoot so I have to wonder what a stranger would think if they came across someone in the buff. I would have to know with 100% certainty that no one else is on the trail before I'd even think of stripping because the potential for frightening someone or receiving unwanted attention from law enforcement officers is too high.

I sell Avon and skin so soft does less than nothing for me and the bugs here. But I do have hope. I drove by another cache which I could try to do this way after tourist season passes here. I'm kind of excited to give it a try.

Snopes.com tends to agree with you (as does Consumer Reports).

I'm not a scientist, but I have used Skin-so-Soft for years in nudist environments in Florida, Georgia and Alabama. All I can affirm is that it works for me. Evidently it works for others, or they think that it does; stop by the pool at any nudist resort and you will see it used heavily both as a tanning oil and a bug repellant.

But what do we know, we don't pay Consumer Reports to publish our opinions. :blink:

I have never geocached in the nude but do routinely cache barefoot. (Feel free to peruse my profile gallery for some examples.) I've never had any trouble with terrain but have received some interesting reactions from people - one grounds worker at a mall once wrote down my tag number even after explaining what I was doing! He couldn't get his head around the idea that a grown man would go barefoot so I have to wonder what a stranger would think if they came across someone in the buff. I would have to know with 100% certainty that no one else is on the trail before I'd even think of stripping because the potential for frightening someone or receiving unwanted attention from law enforcement officers is too high.

[/quote We use a little common sense hiking and geocahing nude.The farther out from town it is the less chance you meet anybody. Around here we are just as likely to see other nude hikers as you are dressed ones.