Our very first geocache find with my children :)

bit of a trial run this as i had my 3 kids with me and didnt want to do anything to taxing,so nipped down to north tawton and went to find a geocaches hidden by the cheesecatcher was a lovely afternoon and the kids loved it looking forward to the next one in our area :)

2011-06-29200256.jpg

bit of a trial run this as i had my 3 kids with me and didnt want to do anything to taxing,so nipped down to north tawton and went to find a geocaches hidden by the cheesecatcher was a lovely afternoon and the kids loved it looking forward to the next one in our area :)

2011-06-29200256.jpg

Welcome to the game billymaya & congratulations on your first find.

Glad you had a good time, well done on your first :)

Seeing that picture of your children makes me wish that the 'tradition' of swapping swag (or just leaving a trinket) in geocaches was still as popular as it used to be. Many cachers don't bother with it at all now.

MrsB

I still leave stuff in caches, but I very rarely take anything, unless the cache is so full I can't close the lid - which is *very* rare. If more people were to leave things without taking, caches would gradually get fuller. It doesn't have to be anything that actually costs money; there's lots of free stuff that gets given away (DVDs in newspapers, stuff in Christmas crackers, for example).

I cache with my toddler and so I'm very grateful to those who leave swag! (Anything he finds in a cache is infinitely better than something Mummy could give him).

It is a really lovely thing to do together, I've discovered some lovely places to go walking with my toddler.

I cache with my 3 year old and he has a toy story bag that he takes with him and that has little swaps in it....hes also learnt that if you want to take something out of a cache you have to put something back in!

Tip - Make sure you check inside the cache before the children as some people have reported strange (and disgusting) things in some caches around Britain :)

Welcome to the addiction :)