Iphone 4 or HTC desire HD

dakich

I would highly reccomend the iphone 4. not only is the phone awesome in itself but the 9.99app is really worth the money. We have both the 3G and the 4 and the 4 is beyond comparison, it doesn't lag at all and the battery life is alot better, we can probably get a good full day of caching out of the iphone 4 vs 2-3 hours on our 3G. the GPS is alot more accurate as well most of the time we are within 5m accuracy and with the iphone 3G we are always within 75m. We have never tried the HTC but have had no problems with the iphone 4 so there is no need too!

hope this helps and happy caching!

I own and am a huge fan of the iPhone 4. It has a very accurate GPS which is on par with my Oregon 450. The only downside (as with all phones) is battery life while using the GPS. I get 4-5 hours on average while caching with it. I also own and recommend one of those extended battery/cases which you can put your iPhone in and doubles the battery. I use the Mophie Juice pack which runs around $70 but is worth every penny.

As for iPhone Geocaching apps there are a bunch. There is of course the official Groudnspeak app which is amazing. I also like Geosphere which has some cool features. I also just picked up Geobucket which was completely free and working very well.