live maps taking a age to upload on android device :(

playing around with my galaxy tablet today out in the garden it has gps built it and ive got the c:geo app on it at the momment,anyways so i go to start it up and click on live map (think it opens up from google) it searches for ages and only brings up certain parts of the map in about 10 mins and wont show me the nearest caches in the area im on o2 mobile internet so at the momment im logging on at home and storing the geocaches on the galaxy whilst im connected to the router and then going out to look,am i doing some thing wrong with the live maps? ive tried turning the lives maps off but it doesnt help things any suggestions please?

playing around with my galaxy tablet today out in the garden it has gps built it and ive got the c:geo app on it at the momment,anyways so i go to start it up and click on live map (think it opens up from google) it searches for ages and only brings up certain parts of the map in about 10 mins and wont show me the nearest caches in the area im on o2 mobile internet so at the momment im logging on at home and storing the geocaches on the galaxy whilst im connected to the router and then going out to look,am i doing some thing wrong with the live maps? ive tried turning the lives maps off but it doesnt help things any suggestions please?

mmm thats weird i cant find my original post on the main forum wall??

mmm thats weird i cant find my original post on the main forum wall??

I've noticed this on my HTC Android mind you Google maps have been playing up for ages. When you try to zoom in its locks up and takes to long. Perhaps its got something to do with Google locking up there applications to stop other applications from using them. Have you seen the new Google lap top where everything is held in the clouds which means nothing is stored on a hard drive. Not impressed by this.....

I've noticed this on my HTC Android mind you Google maps have been playing up for ages. When you try to zoom in its locks up and takes to long. Perhaps its got something to do with Google locking up there applications to stop other applications from using them. Have you seen the new Google lap top where everything is held in the clouds which means nothing is stored on a hard drive. Not impressed by this.....

yeah you could be right spanky thanks for the reply im glad its not just me then lol i had no problems when i stored the geo caches on to the phone so perhaps ill just carry on doing that in that case

Having extoled the virtues of my HTC Desire HD in previous threads, I've now gone and bought an Oregon 200 as the phone just cannot be trusted to deliver a GPS signal and draw maps when needed. This has become more obvious as my geocaching exploits have become more adventurous and I head off in the countryside for hours on end with little in the way of a mobile signal. You don't have to search far on the internet to read numerous posts about the stability of the GPS on Android phones either.

I have yet ro receive the Oregon but I'm expecting it to improve my rural geocaching considerably. When you're two hours walk from your car and you're in the middle of nowhere, you really do need to know where you are and in my experience, I can no longer rely on my Android phone to do so.

Edited by Micky Two Pints