Selling my geocoins

JohnMac56

Recently my kitty cat (Max - See my profile pic) was diagnosed with Gastrointestinal Lymphoma (Large cancerous tumor in his intestines) and is currently under the care of a veterinary oncologist. His outlook is pretty good and he has already begun responding to the chemotherapy treatments. However the treatments and vet visits are very expensive and I have had to make some hard money decisions lately. Since Max is more improtant to me and my family than a lot of other things, we have decided to sacrifice some of our favorite things in order to pay for his treatments. For me this means that I have reluctantly agreed to sell off most of my geocoin collection in order to save Max.

I have already listed 10 geocoins on the 'E' place and will be adding to the list as fast as I can. Please take a moment to check out the listings and if you can please bid on as many as you can to help me save Max.

Here are a couple of the listings, you can click on the 'See Other Listings' link to see the rest. Thanks for all of your support...

2008 Snowman Suncatcher

Labor Day geocoin

CantWork.jpg

Bidding started! I hope I don't win though since that means you will be making money! ;)

I tried clicking on the other items for sale and nothing comes up. I'll try again later as maybe their search function is out of wack

Molly, Riley and Layla will send good thoughts to Max even though he is a kitty!

Harmony the majorly cranky black cat sends greetings! She had me place a bid, but won't tell me where she keeps her stash... I didn't know she had any....

And way cool that you have some of the older GeoCoin Club coins up for sale. People who have recently joined can fill in their collections!

Here are the rest of the current links:

Data Storm Users geocoin

Jayel 57 geocoin

Tick Geocoin

GCC March 2006 - Can You See Me Now? geocoin

GCC Oct 2009 (Barfing Pumpkin) geocoin

GCC June 2009 CITO Geocoin

Thanks for the Cache geocoin

GCC November 2008 geocoin

Geocaching is Not for Wimps geocoin

GCC April 2006

Pathtag Emissary - BN/White

Pathtag Emissary - Gold/Green

Davy Jones Locker - Gold/Green

Midnight geocoin Madness 2010 Shiny Silver

Midnight Geocoin Madness 2010 BN

What Was In Your Mailbox geocoin V.2

911 Porsche Turbo - Blue

Landsharkz Shark geocoin

And yes, they are all trackable....

Thanks again for all of your kind words and support. We need all the help we can to get Max through this trying time. I just wish that he could understand what is happening to him and why he has to go through all of these doctor visits and all of these medications and tests and stuff.

how is max at the moment?

Right THIS moment he is being his usual pain in the rear self. I just got home from a 14 hour day at work and he won't leave me alone, he is craving attention and is wanting his treats (he gets them after his meds)..

As for the cancer, after three weeks of treatments his tumor has shrunk quite a bit and he definately has his appetite back. When we first found out about it, he weighed in at just a little over 5 pounds (his lifetime average was 6.5 - 7.0 pounds), this week he weighed in at almost 8 pounds! The bad side is that the cancer has not only gotten into his gastrointestinal tract but has also gotten into his lymph nodes, so surgery to remove it is not an option anymore. The best hope we have is the chemo treatments knocking the cancer into remission. After that it is just a wait and see situation until it comes back again. All in all he is doing much better now and should be around for a while longer as long as we keep up on the chemo and the keep having him checked out for any new masses.

Thanks to everyone who has been bidding and especially to everyone who has offered up words of prayer and encouragement, you have no idea how much it means to me and my family...

Sorry to hear that :( I just put down 2 of my cats this past Friday. Joe was 20 and Kody was 17, they were pretty sick and I put it off for way too long as it was :(

Hoping that the kitty chemo works and all goes well.

tsun

Steph, I am really sorry to hear about Joe and Kody. Knowing how much you care for animals, I can only imagine how hard that decision was for you and I am not looking forward to having to make that decision when it is Max's time. I can honestly tell you that I have cried a few times with Max, just knowing that eventually the cancer will come back and I will have to make the decision, I just hope that I am strong enough to make it when the time comes....

Getting this thread back to the first page. I have been bidding but the current winning bids aren't anywhere near what they should be for this cause. These auctions end tomorrow so let's see how we can do for Max. I know there will be more auctions in the future as JohnMac sells off more coins......

First, I would like to thank everyone who has sent well wishes and who have bid on these coins, I really appreciate the love and kindness that everyone here has offered for Max and his family.

Second, an update on Max's condition:

He seems to be getting better and has put back on quite a bit of the wieght he had lost. The doctor thinks that he has a very good chance of the cancer going into remission as long as we can keep up on the chemo treatments. Also, one of his twice daily meds (Prednisone - a steroid) has been reduced to just a single daily dose which both Max and myself like because he hates taking the pills and I don't like to force them down his throat. He seems to be almost back to his normal healthy self and has definately gotten a lot of his energy back as he is now running around the house like he used to and he just HAS to be involved in anything that any of his human slaves are doing. We can't open a cupboard or drawer or even the refrigerator without him poking his nose into it!

Lastly, I have posted up 16 more trackable coins today (and some non-trackables which are not listed here but you can find them on eBay) and there will be lots more coming. I have also changed my new listings to include shipping overseas, I appologize for the first listings being only able to ship to the US. I am not posting these up in any specific order, I am just taking them out in large groups and posting them up for sale. So keep checking back here or on the 'e' place for newer listings. I will continue to update here on this forum as well as on FB whenever I add more coins or whenever Max's condition changes...

10 Years Geocoin (I think this is the Idaho version)

Claddagh Geocoin

Cache Eagle (GCC Sept 2009) Geocoin

NOV64 Geocoin (There are two seperate listing because I have multiple of this one)

Scooby, Shaggy and Velma Geocoin

Seattle Ink Geocoin

Earthcache Geocoin

Johnny Boy & DB cooper Geocoin

3 Wise Monkeys Geocoin

Eagle 618 Geocoin

Lost Coast Cachers Geocoin

2009 Lackey Geocoin

NOV64 Geocoin

I Came, I Saw, I Cached Geocoin

Washington State university Geocoin

One last thing, someone asked me why I was selling these coins on eBay instead of just listing them here on the forums. My reason for using eBay instead of directly selling them on the forums is because I have had to take a second job and just do not have the time to sort through all of the email requests that would be generated by selling them directly here. I wish that I had the time to sell them here, but unfortunately I just can't do it at this time.

Thanks again for everyones support and help through this difficult time...

You might want to ask your vet about pill pockets for cats...worked well with our first dog for a while, but he eventually caught onto the fact he could chew on them and eventually spit the pill out, but they might be worth a try. Best wishes for Max!

ILYK

You might want to ask your vet about pill pockets for cats...worked well with our first dog for a while, but he eventually caught onto the fact he could chew on them and eventually spit the pill out, but they might be worth a try. Best wishes for Max!

ILYK

DrNeal, we did use the pill pockets at first and they seemed to work great, however Max finally figured out that the crunchy center was indeed not a treat and learned to do the same as your dog. He would take the whole pill pocket in his mouth, and then seperate the pill from it and just eat the pill pocket spitting out the pill - LOL.. He is indeed a VERY smart kitty!!!

We tried the crush it and mix it into his wet food and he wouldn't touch that either, guess he could smell it. We then tried breaking it into small bits and mixed it into some turkey baby food (which he LOVES) but somehow he would eat all the baby food and leave the pill pieces in the bowl. We finally decided that the best way was just to open his mouth and drop the pill down his throat followed by a coouple of treats and some more turkey baby food. Seems to work OK most of the time but he really fights it with his morning pill, not so much in the afternoon or evening..

One last thing, someone asked me why I was selling these coins on eBay instead of just listing them here on the forums. My reason for using eBay instead of directly selling them on the forums is because I have had to take a second job and just do not have the time to sort through all of the email requests that would be generated by selling them directly here. I wish that I had the time to sell them here, but unfortunately I just can't do it at this time.

Thanks again for everyones support and help through this difficult time...

Ebay auctions are also seen by many more people than come to this forum so will attract more lookers and hopefully more bidders.....

The coins listed below are all ending today (Between 6 and 8 hours left), so get your bids in on them soon. Also don't forget to check out my listings that posted up yesterday. I should be putting up some more today as we have another vet appointment coming up...

Thanks again to everyone who has bid on these so far, I think we have enough to pay off the debt portion of Max's vet bills. Now just need to get enough to continue his treatments...

Since the first round is almost finished, I added 10 more to the listings. Diana (Johnslady56 - Max's momma) randomly picked these 10 out of my collection, and you can expect 10 more to be posted later today.

Thanks again everyone for helping out with this situation!!!

Journey Geocoin - .925 Satin Silver w/red enamel (1 of 26 made!)

2008 Avroair Aviator Watch - Antique Gold

2008 Avroair Aviator Watch - Antique Silver

2008 Holiday Lobster - Gold & Red

2008 Holiday Lobster - Silver & Green

2008 Holiday Lobster - Silver & Blue

FTF Chicken - Gold

Spacegate - Antique Silver

Spacegate - Antique Bronze

Journey Geocoin - Antique Copper

Halloween Compass Rose - Gold

Halloween Compass Rose - Silver

ILYK

DrNeal, we did use the pill pockets at first and they seemed to work great, however Max finally figured out that the crunchy center was indeed not a treat and learned to do the same as your dog. He would take the whole pill pocket in his mouth, and then seperate the pill from it and just eat the pill pocket spitting out the pill - LOL.. He is indeed a VERY smart kitty!!!

We tried the crush it and mix it into his wet food and he wouldn't touch that either, guess he could smell it. We then tried breaking it into small bits and mixed it into some turkey baby food (which he LOVES) but somehow he would eat all the baby food and leave the pill pieces in the bowl. We finally decided that the best way was just to open his mouth and drop the pill down his throat followed by a coouple of treats and some more turkey baby food. Seems to work OK most of the time but he really fights it with his morning pill, not so much in the afternoon or evening..

Our cat wouldn't touch food with a pill crushed up in it! Tried putting the whole pill in and hoping she would just eat it all but nope - pill was always left in the bottom of the otherwise empty bowl. Those cats are very cunning!!

Happy to see the later auctions are worldwide shipping :)

Have done some bidding. All the best with Max from us and our cats.

The coins below are all ending in about 16 hours. So if you are interested in any of them, then now is the time...

The first round went very well and this round is doing very good as well. We have almost enough to pay off the debt currently owed to the vet but need to get some more $$$$ for his future treatments so that we can keep our heads above water. So I will be listing even more coins either tonight or tomorrow so keep an eye on this thread for when the next bunch goes up.

Again, I cannot thank you all enough for your generosity and caring while our family goes through this very trying time. I knew from experience how helpful everyone here can be when someone needs assistance, but I never dreamed just how much everyone cares. THANK YOU!!!

UPDATE:

Up until about a week ago Max seemed to be doing a lot better, but then things changed. He started to get very finicky about eating and for a couple of days would not eat any more than a couplpe of bites of food in a day. After a call to the doctor and an increase in his steroid med his appetite returned and we figured we had dodged another bullet.

We took him into the doctor today for his three week checkup with an exam, bloodwork and another round of chemo meds. They started with the bloodwork and the results were not good; his red and white cell counts are way down again. The doctors want to run some more tests including a

bone marrow biopsy to see if his body may have stopped producing new blood cells. These new tests will involve sedating my poor little boy before they can get the samples because he will not sit still long enough. The sedation and tests are going to be very expensive, so I am again having to raise more money to afford these tests.

I have listed some more of my coins on the E place. Please take a look at these and if you are in a position to help out any bids will be appreciated. Thanks to everyone who heloped out with the last couple of rounds, you made it possible for us to pay off our current debt to the clinic and to afford a couple more weeks of his chemo treatments.

Journey Geocoin Black Nickel/Purple

Journey Geocoin Antique Silver/Blue

Journey Geocoin Antique Bronze/Red

Journey Geocoin Chrome/Green

2008 Compass Rose Geocoin Shiny Gold

2007 Compass Rose Geocoin Black Nickel

F-16 Falcon Geocoin Nickel

F-16 Falcon Geocoin Gold

Three Bottles Geocoin

California Highway Patrol Badge

Canyonland Caching Geocoin

Cachepilar Geocoin

Cache Across America - White/White

Cache Across America - Red/Blue

Honu Turtle Geocoin AS

Honu Turtle Geocoin AG

Honu Turtle Geocoin AC

2007 Black Widow

2009 WSGA Geocoin

2008 ISAF Geocoin

2007 Golden State Geocaching

Golden Spike Geocoin

2007 Geocoinfest Mosaic Sun

Mama Cache Personal Geocoin

Sydney Eternity Geocoin

2006 Hazard/Perry County

King Boreas Geocoin

Pirates of the Geocache

2008 Wheel of the Year BN

Pay it forward

2007 Geocoin Poker Challenge

The Cache Matrix Spinner

2007 Celebrating Independence

2006 Quebec Beer

2006 Kansas Geocaching

UPDATE

Had another appointment at the veterinarians office today. They drew some more blood and his red & white cell counts are still down below where they should be so they did not give him his chemo treatment yet. They also performed the bone marrow aspiration and biopsy but no resluts for a day or two. Poor little guy had to have a large patch of hair shaved from his right hip area and a large bore needle hole into his hip bone. Another $750 vet visit in the books, thats over $1000 we have spent on medical for Max this week alone. Looks like I will be listing some more coins to pay this one off so keep an eye here and on the E place.

Also, thanks to everyone who has sent thier well wishes and prayers, they are really appreciated...

UPDATE

First, thank you to everyone here for everything you have said and done for us.

Second, Max is not doing well at all. He took a bad turn this past week and is going downhill very rapidly. We don't believe he will survive through the weekend. We have had to resort to force feeding him because he refuses to eat because his whole system is shutting down. He is seriously anemic and can barely walk, and he is crying out all the time. We will be calling the veterinarian in the morning and see if there is anything we can do to help him come back or if it will just be better to throw in the towel and send him on to meet us later at the rainbow bridge. Please say a prayer for him and send as much positive energy our way to help us through this.

Lastly, I received in the mail today a Carpe Diem mystery coin that was marked for me to sell to help Max out. Now that it doesn't look like he will make it I don't know what to do with this coin. I would feel guilty if I sold it now, and one was already sent to me for my collection, so I need some help to know what to do with it. Any good suggestions would be very appreciated.

I will update this as soon as I have any more information (good or bad).

Thanks again to everyone for everything and for just the support of this great group of people...

I am so sorry to hear about Max. My thoughts are with you. Many hugs...... :( :(

I agree with MaineFamily about the Carpe Diem coin. It was sent to you to help Max. If Max has crossed over the Bridge but there are still outstanding vet bills then use it to help pay those. If your vet bills are taken care of then you could pay it forward.

Oh!!! :( I am so sorry my friend!!!! Well... here we say... "hope dies last" meaning that there is always hope....

I will pray for Max... to become better or to rest in peace without pain.....

About the coin.... if you have bills... it will be good to sell it and pay them....

if not, you can pay it farward to someone else...

but... my romantic part of me says... to keep it and Carpe Diem will understand! This coin will be Max's coin... not exactly yours! If this is the last coin arrived to get Max better... and get healed... it is the last coin that came for him! If max is a geopet (or not...) keep this coin in the memory of Max!! No matter if you have one already... these 2 coins are not the same!!! One is the gift of Carpe Diem to you and the other is an act of love and care... that Carpe Diem sent for Max!

In the ancient times... the dead needed a coin to pay the ticket to the Charon..(death) to pass him on the other side of the Acheron river... and take him to the land of the dead... if he didn't have this coin... the soul of the dead was lost for ever somewhere between and couldn't find peace... it was becoming a ghost! here in rhodes... they found a grave of a seal... having her plate that she was eating from and a small coin too... for the "ticket"!

time has changed... now... I believe that you have to keep Max's last coin... so you will never forget him and the times you had together!

I know that it is not nice to talk about that when Max is still here with us! So I will pray for him to become better, or to find the peace in this very hard time... like he found so much love and caring from his family... YOU!!

It's all over now, Max has lost the battle with his cancer and has crossed over the Rainbow Bridge where he will be waiting for us to join him. :(

After consulting with his oncologist we made the decision to end his suffering this afternoon. With most of his bodily systems shutting down he would have only survived another day or two and would have been in serious pain. We were all there with him in his final moments and even though it was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do I wouldn't have wanted him to go through it alone.

These past few months have been a very trying time for all of us in his family and we are all very saddened by his passing. We are grateful for the little bit of extra time that we had to spend with him in his last days. And we are especially grateful for the outpouring of support that we all received from everyone here.

I have decided to sell the Carpe Diem coin as well as a bunch of others. The reason I have decided to sell one more round of coins is so that I can adopt a cage in the cat section of our local animal shelter in memory of Max. Since I orignally got Max from the same shelter I figured it would be a fitting tribute to him. The final sale will be held in a couple of weeks once we get through our grieving, and I will be sure to announce it here as soon as the coins go up for sale.

Thank you again to all of you here who have supported us through this by purchasing coins and for sending well wishes and prayers, you have no idea how much your support has helped us...

Rest In Peace Max....

Sleepingdesk.jpg

I am so sorry to hear the news about Max. I recently had to put my 14 year old Aussie to sleep and I know how hard it was for you to make the decision. I hope you can take some comfort in knowing that it is also the greatest act of love as a pet owner to end their suffering with love after you have exhausted all other options. Rest in peace Max!

RIP Max!!!

I am so sorry for your loss my friend!!! At least... he will not suffer anymore... he left in peace and full of the love he took from you and your family!

I am sure that the soul of Max will be happy that he met you and became a part of your life... a part of your family!

What you desided is so nice!!! excellent choise!!!

The last act of love we can give our furbabies even though it is the hardest one is to let them go. Max was surrounded by love and he had a great life with you. Cherish the memories. I am shedding tears right now for you and Max. May he rest in peace.

Very fitting tribute and you know I will be bidding on those coins.......

I'm very sorry to hear of your loss. I know how hard it is to go through as I had to do the exact same last year for my cat.

Cherish the fantastic memories you have of the good times together, and the knowledge that Max is safe and well in a great place.

RIP Max