Activation codes

blazerfan

Back in the early days of geocoins (almost) all coins were non-trackable. There was no "discover" and few seperate icons. So when I got trackable coins I usually did not activate them.

I've talked about it before... but I need to get serious and sell some of my coins. If I didn't save the activation codes how can I get them?

Is there still a market for "non-trackable" coins?

It seems that the new schoolers' approach to geocoins is that if it isn't trackable it's not a geocoin. So they probably aren't a demographic for your market but old timers still remember how exciting it was to find a coin in a geocache that was minted for the sake of traveling cache to cache, untracked but for the sole enjoyment of the finders, or to be collected and maybe traded. Just know they can't be offered for sale here.

It seems that the new schoolers' approach to geocoins is that if it isn't trackable it's not a geocoin. So they probably aren't a demographic for your market but old timers still remember how exciting it was to find a coin in a geocache that was minted for the sake of traveling cache to cache, untracked but for the sole enjoyment of the finders, or to be collected and maybe traded. Just know they can't be offered for sale here.

It's funny seeing relative newbies (people who've only been on then scene for 2 or 3 years) waltz in and proclaim that if it isn't trackable then it isn't a geocoin :laughing:

Sigh...

I don't have many non-trackable, but I value them as much or more than the trackable ones because they are generally older and usually more special.

I bought a DLiming & Crew Gold Geocoin on Ebay today for $1.32. I was described as "very rare" and was minted in 2005. I don't know if the sales price gives an indication of how much non-trackables go for, but I have bought several non-trackables and they usually go for under $5.00. On the other hand, I have been trying to get hold of one particular non-trackable, but have been unsuccessful so far. It has always sold for between $10.00 and 20.00. It shows a man carrying a boy on his shoulders. I just want that one because I have two young sons and we have gone on many adventures together with me carrying one of them on my shoulders..

Edited by GregsonVaux