NEW COIN AVAILABLE! Macaw Zoo Geocoin

avroair

I am hosting a Geocaching event at my local zoo July 9th (Link to event), where they carry out conservation and education awareness of animals and protect species. They are working on a new Cheetah habitat as well as an International Macaw house. There will be a trackable geocoin available at the event. And I am donating all the money I raise from the event to the zoo, and I know I will probably have left over coins.

Macaw Geocoin

Trackable: trackable with unique icon

Finishes: black nickel (front shown below) and nickel finishes

Size: 1.75"

Versions: three different macaws

Thickness: 3 mm

Cost: $12 including shipping.

a101dcff-137f-4076-b7e1-40a26d19fcd4.jpg

At this time it's just a reservation system. Please Post if you are interested (and if you own a parrot or macaw!) and what versions, and how many. I will contact you with order information later. No commitment, but a great way to get a coin and donate to a worthy cause.

Choices:

Rio (red macaw) in black nickel

Patu (red macaw) in black nickel

Marvin (green macaw) in black nickel

If you want all three just say a set.

Edited by avroair

Too cute!!!

Please put me down for one Marvin(green).

I have a Red Lored Amazon female named Rico.

I had a Red Sided Eclectus male named Russell who crossed the Rainbow.

His colors were quite similar to Marvin.

Good luck with the fund-raising!!!

Wish I could attend the Event, but I'm in Ohio.

Thanks, GeoCharmer81 (AKA Kelly)

Edit to add: Green in Nickel and also a Red (first pic) in Nickel!!!

Oh, I just went to the movie Rio today-- it's a must-see for animal lovers!!!

Edited by GeoCharmer81

I'd like a Marvin (green) in BN if avail :)

Edited to add: I have no birds but KDT's parents own a bunch. My main reason for wanting this coin is to represent a tradition we have started. 2 years ago this Saturday KDT proposed, and we went to the Toronto Zoo. Last year, we did the same thing and enjoyed the Zoo together. So, this Saturday we will be at the zoo :) this coin reminds me of that :)

Edited by MoonCat & KDT

LadyBee4T-- you really DO have Parrots as the tiels (and parakeets) are Parrots!!!

Yep I know they are in the parrot family but they don't look like the birds on the coins. I guess I should have said it that way. :laughing: :laughing: I also have 2 parakeets and 2 finches. I guess that makes 7 in the parrot family!!!

Mark you do have me confused. :unsure: Are the coins we are ordering the BN or are nickel available too?

Really like the coins!

Sharing my home with 2 Orange Winged Amazons, Rico 44 yrs old and Sydney 51 yrs old, a Red lored Amazon named Goofy, age 19, a cherry head conure, aged 4 yrs, named Feather, a 8 yr old peach front conure named BOSSco, a 15 yr old green cheaked conure, named Cuddles but often called "Cudd", 2 11 yr old cockatiels Dallas and Tunia, an 11 year old budgie named Turquois, plus the "American Idol Budgies' Paula, Simon and Ryan. I have too many rescued birds to feed to purchase a set of coins right now, but I am glad you made the bird coins and encouraged us to share about our parrots.

I am hosting a Geocaching event at my local zoo July 9th (Link to event), where they care for sick or abandoned animals and carry out conservation and education awareness for endangered species. I am offering the Limited Edition event version of the coin here, all the money will be donated to the zoo.

Zoo website: Cougar Mtn Zoological Park

Macaw Geocoin

Trackable: trackable with unique icon

Finishes: black nickel (front shown below) and nickel finishes

Size: 1.75"

Versions: three different macaws

Thickness: 3 mm

Cost: $12 including shipping.

a101dcff-137f-4076-b7e1-40a26d19fcd4.jpg

At this time it's just a reservation system. Please Post if you are interested in a set (for $33) or a single coin. I will contact you with order information later. No commitment, but a great way to get a coin and donate to a worthy cause. Also, post if you own a Macaw or Parrot!

Choices:

Rio (red macaw)

Patu (yellow macaw)

Marvin(green macaw)

If you want all three just say a set, there's a one $ discount per coin.

I would be interested in a set.

I have a Macaw and a Cockatiel. The Macaw does not like Shadow’s Friend, unless I not around. The Cockatiel does not like anyone. Both are rescued birds. One was found in the parking lot at work, dehydrate and starving. The other was adopted from a vet that the owners turn over to them.

Got a Marvin and a Rio yesterday and they are REALLY COOL!!!

THANKS, Mark!!! I always look forward to your "projects"!!!

Hope these coins bring lots of help for the Cougar Mountain Zoological Park.

Well, with the coins sales in the forums and tag and coin sales at the zoo I was able to donate to them collectively just under $2000! :DB):DB) Of which $180 of that were cups of apple slices for the zoo animals! :lol: Thank you to every one who bought and donated directly to the zoo. On top of that we had 265 people attend! :o

You guys and gals are awesome! I also have a few left if anyone is interested, I am covering the shipping.

Mark

Avroair