What was the nature of the first Pocket Query?

Right, probably so. Would be interesting to know the first "player" PQ ... or even see who has the lowest numbered PQ file still saved.

I believe the last time that was asked, there were some people who had really low number PQ's saved. Not me though, but I do remember that.

Curious.

Sure you are. You're probably going to create a puzzle cache that involves tracking down pocket query numbers in order to derive a set of coordinates. :P

Good to see you here again, Stumpwater.

Now don't you go giving him ideas! He's not going to hide them in your neighborhood, after all! But I've got dozens of his blue question marks on my local map, taunting me.

What I have always wondered is, why is it called a 'Pocket Query'? My best guess is that it is a list of caches you can carry in your pocket. If anyone knows, please let me know. (for some reason I love understanding where words come from)

thanks, BTW I just got my PQ for GeoWoodstock all loaded up!

Looking at the database, the first PQ (ID=6, so the first handful were likely deleted entirely) is one Jeremy put together entitled "Caching in Portland." It has since been archived.

The next 5 in the database (IDs 17 through 21, so others in-between must have been completely deleted) are all active and owned by Elias.

The next two are owned by me (IDs 22 and 25) and then ID=27 is owned by Bryan's wife. So, the early ones are heavily populated by Lackeys (although I was not one at the time). The first active one now owned by a non-Lackey is ID=29 owned by "TeamCNJC".