how do you make moving pics on pages

awskoa

Just remember a few things. Many people find them annoying, especially if overused.

Since each frame of movement is a complete image (like a cartoon) the file size can get quite large. This could take a while to load for people on a slow connection. Used in the forums, you slow down every thread you post to.

If you upload the image to gc.com, and use it in the forums, they have to PAY for the extra bandwidth you use every time someone views a thread you post in.

Some people in other countries or on wireless connections also have metered bandwidth. They have to pay extra every time they read a thread you post in.

On a cache page, they dont print out right, or get included with PQs, so don't use them as a vital part of the cache description.

Tae-Kwon-Leap is not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

i just want to weigh in urging caution. i do not like animated gifs.call me curmudgeonly if you like, but i also do not like embedded sound files.i know i'm not alone in this, so consider it well before you add them to your posts.

it doesn't matter if you get to camp at one or at six. dinner is still at six.

quote:
Originally posted by flask:

i also do not like embedded sound files.i know i'm not alone in this, so consider it well before you add them to your posts.

You're not alone. I hate the sound files too.

I mean, I really hate embedded sound files.

I have ran across a few that have locked up my computer.

I don't mind small animated gifs, but did I mention sound files???? aarrgggg.....