geocaching/crime fighting

Towlie8

OK...really more like crime resolving lol

So my friend and I went on our first caching expedition yesterday. There was this one cache in a pretty overgrown wooded area along a river that we spent a long time aimlessly wandering around in cause my gps kept changing its mind... Anyways, while searching I came across an old lady's drivers license. Looking farther into the trees I found her health insurance card among a bunch of other stuff with her private information on it. Creeped me out a bit wondering if this old lady was mugged in the middle of the woods! One of her cards had her phone number on it so I called it and she answered and said her purse was stolen earlier that morning so the thief must have dumped all that stuff.

Anyways, about 30 chiggers and a couple tics later... I finally did find the cache and got the stuff returned to her today. Crazy first day of caching!!

I did a CITO this spring and the area was mostly sagebrush and people dumped crap there. One large area was full of crazy stuff-it looked like an elderly woman died and what didn't get sold at the yardsale (or maybe there was no yardsale) was just hauled out there and dumped. I'm talking purses, clothes, pictures, letters, and tons of old bills. AND it turns out the lady was a deputy detective for the county or something-just sad really that all her stuff was just discarded like her life meant nothing. Of course she could have been a mean evil woman so who knows.