Wireless Internet Access (cellphones)

zelph

I did a search, but didn't see any recent discussions on this... so forgive me if this has been discussed before.

With the recent launch of several Cell Phone carriers having wireless internet access (more then simple WAP that is), I was curious if there was any plan to get a wireless version of the site?

With the ability to use a simple form of HTML (XHTML Basic) the site could be accessible to phone users so they can look up info, post finds or whatever. This could be in full color, and even with maps as well.

I have my own set of sites that I was just about to make a wireless version of, but when I polled my users it seemed that no one would be interested in it. Naturally I wouldn't want the staff here to go through needless work if no one was interested.

So are there many geocachers who would be interested in this type of access?

In reality it's not that big of a project, since all the database structure and data exists, only a few new templates would need to be made to access the data in a simpler way to fit onto the mini screens. I may actually do it on my sites, just for the fun of it... but would love to see it done here as well.

Anyway... just tossing out the question to see what the response is like.

Look forward to seeing some thoughts

Didn't know about that... and tis definately nice!

But still would like more info to be available.

That doesn't tell me much more then what I already have in my GPS. Would like to see the description, hints, last time it was found, and all that other good stuff.

If it can be squeezed into that page...then great! But other then that, the Name and Stashed Date doesn't really help me much as extra info when I'm stuck on a cache.

But do appreciate the link icon_smile.gif