Langley Knight Competition

I am looking for recruits to my team, you can also run sub teams from a larger team. All finders and team leaders share in the reward, which is cache I mean cash. Click here to be part of my team.

Well good luck haggis let hope a team from here wins.

If anyone would like to join my team please paste this url and join me:

http://www.langleyknights.com/registration.php?p=1255

Found number 3 this morning! Had a good crack with the two lads dressed up, and the "knight" had done a bit of caching in the past......result! :laughing:

Well done - I assume you were FTF.

Was that one in Carlisle?

Yeah, Bitts Park (near the Castle) in Carlisle. Got sick of looking on GE for the cyber knights! The lads said they were inundated yesterday with peeps wanting pictures, and got sick of the kids pestering them! We were the only ones that had actually went to "find" them, and appreciated the fact we had took the time to check. His parting shot was that after a 'phone call to Langley Castle they might be able to go home (Hexham) early and still get paid :lol:

So.......as for the true FTF......here's hoping :P

Edited by GAZ

Found number 3 this morning! Had a good crack with the two lads dressed up, and the "knight" had done a bit of caching in the past......result! :laughing:

Well done - I assume you were FTF.

Was that one in Carlisle?

Yeah, Bitts Park (near the Castle) in Carlisle. Got sick of looking on GE for the cyber knights! The lads said they were inundated yesterday with peeps wanting pictures, and got sick of the kids pestering them! We were the only ones that had actually went to "find" them, and appreciated the fact we had took the time to check. His parting shot was that after a 'phone call to Langley Castle they might be able to go home (Hexham) early and still get paid :lol:

So.......as for the true FTF......here's hoping :P

I found both cyber knights yesterday. #4 at lunchtime and then #5 a few minutes after the clues were released last night. I received email confirmation early this morning to say i was FTF on #5 (subject to verfication etc etc) .... which is great (for me and Haggis Hunter as he was my team leader).

Keeping my fingers crossed that you were first to submit.

I wonder if any other cachers found/will find the others? .......... there is still one left to find.

I found both cyber knights yesterday. #4 at lunchtime and then #5 a few minutes after the clues were released last night. I received email confirmation early this morning to say i was FTF on #5 (subject to verfication etc etc) .... which is great (for me and Haggis Hunter as he was my team leader).

Keeping my fingers crossed that you were first to submit.

I wonder if any other cachers found/will find the others? .......... there is still one left to find.

Excellent!

Strangely enough, our good friends daughter has her wedding booked at Langley Castle next year and Helen (my wife) had told me about this competition but I had already known via these forums. Stupidly last night she managed to make me part of HER team when we were trying to make her part of MY team.......guess who's gonna get, providing we're 1st, heh-heh, most the dosh? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Excellent!

Strangely enough, our good friends daughter has her wedding booked at Langley Castle next year and Helen (my wife) had told me about this competition but I had already known via these forums. Stupidly last night she managed to make me part of HER team when we were trying to make her part of MY team.......guess who's gonna get, providing we're 1st, heh-heh, most the dosh? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Is Helen part of anyone else's team? The prize money goes from the winner through to team leaders down to £125. That can be 4 layers of winners.

Excellent!

Is Helen part of anyone else's team? The prize money goes from the winner through to team leaders down to £125. That can be 4 layers of winners.

Unfortunately not. We didn't really take it seriously til last night, as I had got sick of looking at GE for cyber ones. To be honest, I thought she was daft thinking a real one would be in Carlisle, but went along with it coz it was a nice morning........oh how my face changed when we saw them, then the obligatory "I told you so" came in a nano-second! :laughing:

Excellent!

Unfortunately not. We didn't really take it seriously til last night, as I had got sick of looking at GE for cyber ones. To be honest, I thought she was daft thinking a real one would be in Carlisle, but went along with it coz it was a nice morning........oh how my face changed when we saw them, then the obligatory "I told you so" came in a nano-second! :laughing:

Dont know if anyone has anyone near it but I think there is one at Moscomb park in Brighton (gateway to europe)

Has a list of the actual locations been released?

The full list of locations and finders is on the Langley Knights website (click here)

4 of the winning teams were cachers or connected with caching .... although only 2 of them were part of Groundspeak's team. (Not sure about Knight #2)

Edited by Maple Leaf

Has a list of the actual locations been released?

The full list of locations and finders is on the Langley Knights website (click here)

4 of the winning teams were cachers or connected with caching .... although only 2 of them were part of Groundspeak's team. (Not sure about Knight #2)

Nice little earner... :unsure:

FOUND LANGLEY KNIGHTS

Knight #1 – at FOLKESTONE, Kent (The Leas, near Grand Hotel) – Found 2011-07-03 15:53:00

Recruited by [1097] Jeremy Irish– Team leader of “Geocachers” – wins £ 500

Knight #4 – at BIRMINGHAM (Cannon Hill Park) – Found 2011-07-02 11:38:10

Recruited by [1097] Jeremy Irish – Team leader of “Geocachers” – wins £ 125

LARGEST TEAM AWRDS

Largest team – [1097] Geocachers – Team Leader – Jeremy Irish – wins £ 1000

MULTIPLE AWARD WINNER

Geocachers – Team Leader – Jeremy Irish wins:

Knight #1 – Group Leader – wins £ 500

Knight #4 – Group Leader – wins £ 125

Largest team – [1097] Geocachers – Team Leader – wins £ 1000

Team found two knights – [1097] Geocachers – Team Leader – wins additional £ 250

TOTAL = wins £ 1875

Maybe Mr Irish would like to listen a little more to requests from UK cachers... :)

Edited by Bear and Ragged

COngratulations on finding them.

Jen and Dave - I wish I had joined your teams when invited :lol:

Hope it's good news for you Dave later today

Lilian

I haven't recieved an email, but I am listed as a winner, so I have emailed them with my details. So I suppose it is good news :D

Maybe Mr Irish would like to listen a little more to requests from UK cachers... :)

To be fair, I don't think many if any Geocachers would have known about this competition if it had not been for Mr Irish advertising it on his website and geocaching facebook page. It is how I found out about it.

Granted it did have the desired effect for him, as people automatically became members of his team. Something I didn't realise until today. I had noticed that I was initially a sub team, but I didn't know who's team I was with, so I removed myself. If he had said at the start, I would probably have left him as my team leader, meaning he would have won something like a further £500

Confirmed this morning that Helen (my wife) is a winner, we found no.3, and asked if we are available Wednesday afternoon for the awards ceremony.................an afternoon off for me, I think! :laughing:

Just a shame I was part of Her team, and not the other way round.....or.....I had logged the find 1st, then we'd have had another £500 :( .......never mind, £1000 is very nice!! :D

Confirmed this morning that Helen (my wife) is a winner, we found no.3, and asked if we are available Wednesday afternoon for the awards ceremony.................an afternoon off for me, I think! :laughing:

Just a shame I was part of Her team, and not the other way round.....or.....I had logged the find 1st, then we'd have had another £500 :( .......never mind, £1000 is very nice!! :D

Not bad for a Knights' work! :ph34r:

Just got back (11pm) from an evening at Langley Hall. They presented us with the cheque, cameras a-blazing.....and then we had a complementary dinner.

The food was 1st class, as were the staff. We were made VERY welcome. The owner of the castle wanted to be there, but his wife had a bad fall and ended up with broken hips, so his son Howard stepped in.

The evening went very well, enjoyed it a lot.......but unfortunately we didn't have time to do the cache that's just down the road!

Helen says she's gonna half the dosh with me, something about 60/40 she said, I was never good at maths but I'm sure she won't pull the wool over my eyes.......I'm too good for that!

Gaz

Just got back (11pm) from an evening at Langley Hall. They presented us with the cheque, cameras a-blazing.....and then we had a complementary dinner.

The food was 1st class, as were the staff. We were made VERY welcome. The owner of the castle wanted to be there, but his wife had a bad fall and ended up with broken hips, so his son Howard stepped in.

The evening went very well, enjoyed it a lot.......but unfortunately we didn't have time to do the cache that's just down the road!

Helen says she's gonna half the dosh with me, something about 60/40 she said, I was never good at maths but I'm sure she won't pull the wool over my eyes.......I'm too good for that!

Gaz

Congrats sounds like a good night