muggles caught in the act

:lol: haha oh last winter i was caught in the act by some muggles me and alex are only fifteen so we were at frying pan park trying to find a cache when some college kids come walking down the trail we where wearing winter bdu jackets and fatigues so instinctivly we hid by a snow bank near the cache. one of the college kids pick up the cache and chuckes it down the trail and it lands by another geocacher he picks it up and immeadatly looks down the trail where it came from and he sees the college kids standing in shock. by that time alex has jumped out and tackels one of them while the other trys to run the second one gets away from alex when 2 guys from fcpa (fairfax county park athority) comes riding down the trail on a gator and ask us whats wrong we told one guy to get the kids while we explained to the other one what happend. when he came back the muggles got a ticket for public disturbance or sumthing like that we logged the cache and went home for some coffee :D

Edited for readability:

"My friend Alex and I were looking for a cache last winder when some college kids came walking by. We went to hide in a snow bank. When the college kids walked past the cache they picked it up and chucked it. Another cacher picked it up, then looked at the college kids, whom were at this point shocked. Then Alex tackled one as the other got away. The the Park Authority came by and gave them tickets."

Did he say that the Park Authorities came riding down the trail ON a Gator? This must be quite the park when the Authorities get to ride around ON Alligators!

I just started to research a bit, didn't take much to find that Fairfax uses them...

budget item from 2008 "$9,975 for a ‘Gator’ utility vehicle" More to follow. A John Deere side by side quad ATV.

also that would be Frying Pan Farm Park

So far these two items are factual, three if you consider that they have staff members.

Add 6 local caches on unknown, three traditional, two multis. the unknown is on boundary for the posted coords. Later found there is another either disabled or archived (forget which for now)

OP appears to have 6 finds 4 Tr and 2 multi... Young obviously, was at a geocaching day camp for some of it.

Reading logs of the caches there, I see no mention of anyone else mentioning such an incident. If someone was ticketed, the park would know, but might not reveal it.

Doug 7rxc

Edited by 7rxc