found a good deal on oregon 450t

http://cgi.ebay.com/320720065227

I'm not sure what the catch is -- but if it seems to good too be true it almost certainly turns out that way.

Note the seller has a 100% positive feedback rating -- based on one comment from a single sale of a different item that closed less than 36 hours ago. That screams shill right there.

I'm thinking some fraud just to get folks' account and payment info, and no product will be delivered. What's your guess?

Edited by Portland Cyclist

I'm not a fan of the Oregon series, and I am not normally a gambler. I ordered one of these, though. I doubt I will receive it, but since I paid through PayPal and have EBay Buyer Protection on it, I don't see how the guy can hurt me. If I do receive it, I can always sell it for more than $60.

Maybe I'm a fool though.

I cancelled my PayPal payment, and emailed the seller with my "too good to be true" concerns. I'm not required to pay for it for 10 days, I am going to wait and see if anyone else receives theirs.

Although I have a 100% rating, I may be willing to take a no-pay hit on this one.

The units are now listed as NEW, not refurbished. I was just curious at first, but it's looking more and more like a scam.

Actually, it says "Item Condition: New" one place and "Refurbished" in the green "Product Details" box farther down the page. It also says "Packaging: White Box", which I assume means a generic box rather than the OEM Garmin box.

I'll be surprised if any of the (57 now) buyers ever receives one.

Over 40 sold in a single day. Wow.

where do you see that?

seller is a Member since: Jun-23-11.... :anibad:

Right side of the listing, under "Other Item Info". Right now it says 48 have been sold. I have a bad feeling about this. Oh well.

ooh dear, 60 units sold now lol

Well lets just keep our fingers crossed. At least we used paypal to pay for them.

I cancelled my payment. I want to see if anyone gets one. I have trouble believing he has 60 units to sell. Even big vendors like Amazon and REI never have 60 in stock, and these are supposed to be refurbs.

If he collects $60 each from 60 buyers, that's $3600. Then he disappears, I think.

W.C. Fields was right, I'm afraid.

I will let you know how it turns out. If It doesnt ship within 3 days and I receive a tracking number, I will have to report him. I will let you know how it turns out.

I hope the whole thing turns out well for you. Please do let us know as anything develops.

I just checked on it, and the listing has been removed. I guess it was bogus after all. Doesn't really matter to me since I don't like the 450 anyway, I was going to flip it for more money if I got one.

I will let you know how it turns out. If It doesnt ship within 3 days and I receive a tracking number, I will have to report him. I will let you know how it turns out.

I hope the whole thing turns out well for you. Please do let us know as anything develops.

I just checked on it, and the listing has been removed. I guess it was bogus after all. Doesn't really matter to me since I don't like the 450 anyway, I was going to flip it for more money if I got one.

I was just going to ask why an ANTI Oregon guy, would buy one, but that about sums it up.