JEREMY, READ THIS SUGGESTION PLEASE

Morty's Twisted World

Alright, so far I love it. Took me a few minutes to figure out how to get the filter option to exclude finds and hides of mine but once I did, I love it.

Only thing that I don't like, is that I can't BOOKMARK that page of results that's been filtered out. I try and bookmark it and it takes me back to the NEW SEARCH page. If there could be some sort of way to bookmark directly to the filtered out page listing all the nearest caches. And as everyone else is screaming about, the State Map feature. But that's not terribly important at the moment. I'm a webmaster too and I can understand the implementation of new features, 1 step at a time.

One more thing, on the HIDE/SEEK page, I think the FILTER option should be included there too.

Keep up the good work Jeremy and let me know if you ever need help with anything. I'm can't code to save my life, but I'll try my best to help.

Morty from Morty's Twisted World (.com) icon_smile.gif

GeoCache now, die later!

quote:
Originally posted by Morty's Twisted World:

Only thing that I don't like, is that I can't BOOKMARK that page of results that's been filtered out. I try and bookmark it and it takes me back to the NEW SEARCH page. If there could

I agree!

In the mean time, you do realize (dont you?) that the new page is backwards compatible with old bookmarks. Im sure there are limits, but I know my old book mark for the results of my Zip code search still works. I just cant change it to use the new "dont include my hides/finds". Oh Well....Maybe enough people will make this request and it will get implemented.

------------------------------------------------

The world is a playground. Go outside and play!

Notice the new filtered search on your "my cache page" - we will be working on a bookmark search type where you can create bookmarks of favorite lat/lon locations.

Adding &f=1 to the end of the old querystring queries will filter out caches you hid/found. The "hide and seek a cache" page will allow you to do this filtering scheme.

frog.gif Jeremy Irish

Groundspeak - The Language of Location™

quote:
Originally posted by Jeremy (Admin):

Notice the new filtered search on your "my cache page"

Nope, I hadn't. Thanks for pointing that out.

quote:

Adding &f=1 to the end of the old querystring queries will filter out caches you hid/found. The

This works well also.

To add my two cents worth on the new page, I think that once we all get used to it we will forget the other layout ever existed.

Thanks to the whole Groundspeak team for all of the efforts.

The world is a playground. Go outside and play!