Geocoin Event - Western Canada

Tethys C

Hi there all you geocoiners. :)

A group of cachers have been hard at work for more than a year to put together western Canada's first MEGA EVENT (GC2GA1J)

It should be an amazing time and there are lots of satellite events associated with the MEGA. One of them is the A BAD Night - Geocoin Event (GC2YZH5) that takes place later in the evening after the MEGA.

We plan to give a raffle draw ticket for each non-perishable food item (for the Three Hills Food Bank) that a cacher brings to the event. If there are any geocoiners that would be willing to donate a coin for this event, we would be most grateful. As an incentive, we hope to be able to offer people that donate a chance to purchase an event coin for $15 (includes postage). The coin is a beauty that was designed with Landsharkz and let's just say that dinosaurs were involved. We will also recognize your donation at the event. Thanks very much.

PS - it sounds like the Canada Post strike may end this week - fingers crossed.

tethysc (at) gmail.com

I want very much to make a donation but am away from my coin collection and may not see it again until August. (Don't feel bad for me - kind of a long holiday.) If I can find someone to make the donation for me and then I can replace their coin, kind of like a math trade, then I hope to be able to send something up!

I'll keep you posted. Any coins at all, or are there themes associated with the event that we should consider when making our donation?

I want very much to make a donation but am away from my coin collection and may not see it again until August. (Don't feel bad for me - kind of a long holiday.) If I can find someone to make the donation for me and then I can replace their coin, kind of like a math trade, then I hope to be able to send something up!

I'll keep you posted. Any coins at all, or are there themes associated with the event that we should consider when making our donation?

Hi P+K,

Thanks for the offer. No real theme to the event although it is near one of the most amazing dinosaur exhitibts in the world.

Royal Tyrrell Museum is worth a visit if you make a trip to Alberta.

We hope there will be lots of cachers who are new to geocoins, so any "bright shiny thing" should be exciting for them.

We plan on donating some ammonites and trilobites - perhaps I have a coin that you might want to donate via your 'math trade'.

Thanks to everyone for checking out the event.

The event is now live. Thanks to all that contacted us. It should be an amazing MEGA event and fun coin event at the end of the day.

It's still not too late to make the trip to Alberta. Come on up for the MEGA Event July 16th and for the Calgary Stampede - July 8th - 17th.

You Have mail and in a few days you'll have mail :D the real kind

Arrived today - thanks a bunch. Cool looking coin. We will add your name to the donation posters.

Happy caching.

GG - thanks for the offer. See you up there!!

drneal - thanks for the offer. Not likely to make it here in time. All the best.

I apologize, I haven't been keeping track of threads until recently. I wanted to go to this event really badly, it's "close". Had I not had my shop built, I would have been able to attend some events this year.

I will make plans for this one next year. At this point I could probably drive the coin to you faster than rely on the Canadian mail system ;)

I haven't really had anything to send to events this year until just very recently.

Have fun!

tsun