Treasure Trackers

TotemLake

I'm crossposting this only because of the strong presence Washington State had in this program.

LennLee Keep, the producer of the show, sent me a copy of the DVD and I just received it yesterday.

Interviewed on the program which was hosted by Tyler MacNiven (Tylerasaurus Rex)

were:

PnD - Author of The Joy of Geocaching

MonkeyBrad

Hydnsek - WSGA Pres

TotemLake

Old Hippy and Granny

Viatru

Love

Moonweed

Tentha

Team Fat Fox - pkacolorado, bdalex, lifeisgoodgirls

MondoU2 and Mrs.MondoU2

Dayspring

erick88l-r

MrGadget2

There are lots of cameo shots from GW VIII and the Ape Hike WSGA hosted.

Filming did occur in and around the Seattle area, San Francisco and other locales.

And there is bonus material on the DVD to add to the very well done program.

LennLee is working to make this program available to Washington State, but PBS also needs to hear from their local viewers to get the program into their programming schedule. viewer@KCTS9.org

In the meantime, if there is a strong enough interest, I'm willing to loan the DVD for viewing events.

I'm crossposting this only because of the strong presence Washington State had in this program.

LennLee Keep, the producer of the show, sent me a copy of the DVD and I just received it yesterday.

Interviewed on the program which was hosted by Tyler MacNiven (Tylerasaurus Rex)

were:

PnD - Author of The Joy of Geocaching

MonkeyBrad

Hydnsek - WSGA Pres

TotemLake

Old Hippy and Granny

Viatru

Love

Moonweed

Tentha

Team Fat Fox - pkacolorado, bdalex, lifeisgoodgirls

MondoU2 and Mrs.MondoU2

Dayspring

erick88l-r

MrGadget2

There are lots of cameo shots from GW VIII and the Ape Hike WSGA hosted.

Filming did occur in and around the Seattle area, San Francisco and other locales.

And there is bonus material on the DVD to add to the very well done program.

LennLee is working to make this program available to Washington State, but PBS also needs to hear from their local viewers to get the program into their programming schedule. viewer@KCTS9.org

In the meantime, if there is a strong enough interest, I'm willing to loan the DVD for viewing events.

Great info! And thanks for the e-mail address for people to reach out to: viewer@KCTS9.org

That trailer is actually a piece of the Brain Fitness series. This one was about Peak Performance. As for TimoBear digging in the dirt, he had been caching intermittently for a year at that time. You might want to cut him a little slack.

I thought that it had the wrong label when I first saw it.

I never thought I would see you doing an urban cache! :lol:

Edited by Dgwphotos

That trailer is actually a piece of the Brain Fitness series. This one was about Peak Performance. As for TimoBear digging in the dirt, he had been caching intermittently for a year at that time. You might want to cut him a little slack.

Are saying someone with a "Fit Brain" wouldn't stick his fingers in dark hole in the city? :)

Are saying someone with a "Fit Brain" wouldn't stick his fingers in dark hole in the city? :)

Actually, the shot only showed me only looking in after I put my fingers in, but I had looked first, then did a second look afterwards. I'm very wary of needles in the city.

There's a story behind that hunt. :)

During the interview, I opened my mouth (and inserted foot without doing any research or having the geocaches loaded for the area) and indicated there's probably one or two caches within a block of the hotel. They then asked to go on a hunt with me if there was one close by. I had to use their Mac to check real quick and attempted to load the coords into my PN-40, but I was on a beta firmware and it wasn't working right; so had to pull out the beta PN-60 and put the coords and show off the device before release. Fortunately the 60 pointed at the correct location, but I needed the situation to be a search before I directly found it. :) That shot took 5 angles and from the4 same camera and made it look like all one fell swoop. We also caught the attention of the parking attendant ao I had to explain to him what was going on.

The cache was not archived because of this incident though. Searchers were staring at the walrus sculptures which made it look like they were peering into the windows and drew complaints to the management which in turn went downhill from there.

Actually, it's more TL's reputation for the HOTM series!

pretty good episode about caching. Some of it have seen before, the part about the Dayspring caches for example, but good job. A few factual errors (like calling Dayspring's cache a puzzle, its a traditional) and some tiny things not worth mentioning, but for example...Early on it made it sound like every cache had the word geocaching on it. I have seen about 100 bolt hides, do not recall ever seeing a bolt with "Geocaching" or the logo on it in the field. Most of it is minor details, but I think they got the spirit and basics down pretty good.