Help with logs

NaNiEm

Use a PC or laptop to access the geocaching.com website, find the caches and log them that way. That is what most people do. It works out a lot quicker and it also makes other aspects of the game, like adding photos, logging and watching trackables and telling the story of your caching life much more interesting and a rounder experience, imo. :)

Up at the top of the main page, click on "Your Profile" and on the drop down menu, click on "Field Notes". This will take you to a page with all your field notes on it. Now to the right of each note is a link "Compose log" Click on that and you will be taken to the log submission page with your field note in the log section. Make any changes you want, then submit.

I think the answer may be that a VERY OLD Pocket Query was used -- maybe, perhaps? Of the six you have logged, they were found last (by you) in July, 2010. The sixth one is a (but only the 1st stage) multi-cache that you logged 6-18-2011. That cache was ARCHIVED 6 months before you found that 1st stage (hint: the next stage probably isn't there).

I am just making a guess, but you are probably geocaching with extremely old info.

I must ask, are the ones you want field notes uploaded from almost a year ago? If so, it probably will not work.

Could be wrong. I have been before, just ask the wife!

EDIT: A date correct on the field notes page MAY cure it, as the Bear suggested.

Edited by Gitchee-Gummee

Thanks, for the help. I wanted to log caches I found in January when I was in the Carbian. Maby the info is to old. Any way I'm heading out today so I'll be sure to log the find sooner.

You may have to do it 'by hand' if you can remember the cache name, on the cacche page top right hand corner and Log Visit.

How do I log my find?

Instructions for logging a "Found It" are located here. If you need to post another type of log, such as a "Didn't find it" or a Note, the same instructions apply, with one small change; instead of choosing "Found It" in the drop-down menu, you would choose the applicable log type.

I'm a newbie and I have a question about logging a found cache, but also about the log found in a cache.

As far as logging a found cache is concerned, are there any specific things that the cache owner might like to know, like an inventory, the condition of the log (in the event it got wet), and that sort of thing?

As far as signing and dating a log found in the cache is concerned, should I use my nick, or my real name or is that just a personal preference? I don't mind using either personally. Thanks! :)

As a CO, I really don't care about the cache inventory, except possibly for Travel Bugs or geocoins that are listed as being in the cache, but which are no longer there.

I am interested in the condition of the log, the container, and any camouflage. And I am definitely interested in the experiences of those who find my caches.

As far as the physical log goes, I almost always sign it with my geocaching handle. That's how geocachers know me, and if a CO is checking online logs against the physical log, they're going to check geocaching handles. But there have been exceptions. I signed the first few (before I had a geocaching.com account) with my real name. And there have been a few group trips where we signed once for the entire group, and then I mentioned in my log that I signed as part of the "GBA ECR" (or whatever name we used for the group).

I'm a newbie and I have a question about logging a found cache, but also about the log found in a cache.

As far as logging a found cache is concerned, are there any specific things that the cache owner might like to know, like an inventory, the condition of the log (in the event it got wet), and that sort of thing?

As far as signing and dating a log found in the cache is concerned, should I use my nick, or my real name or is that just a personal preference? I don't mind using either personally. Thanks! :)

Best instructions in the world right here → http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.book&id=1

Sign your username in the logbook; online tell your story if you have one -- mentioning what you took/left is good (especially travel bugs or geocoins), but not absolutely necessary. Should there be a maintenance problem with the cache you should say so (if it is bad, do so in a "needs maintenance").