Deleting Waypoints in BaseCamp

BHP1

OK, I've searched here and googled and no luck.

I can't figure out how to delete a waypoint in BaseCamp. From what I understand, any waypoints should appear under "My Collections", where they can be deleted.I have two waypoints I placed in Basecamp (not downloaded from a device) that don't show up in My Collections. The seemingly logical step of right-clicking on the waypoint and having a delete option must not seem so logical to Garmin , since there is no right click menu. Any help on how to get rid of these waypoints would be appreciated.

I'm trying to move from Mapsource to BaseCamp, but I'm not too impressed, so far.

In the my collection window at the bottom is an icon for showing all data and next to that is show waypoints. If neither of these is selected then the waypoints on the map won't show in the my collections window. If there are waypoints on the map then those icons will have a number next to them depending on the number of waypoints there are.

Ok, thanks for that help. I'm still not clear on what I'm doing wrong. When I select All Data at the bottom of My Collections, I get the drop-down showing my waypoints, routes, etc. If I then select a waypoint and right click on it, I can choose delete from the right-click menu, but that does nothing to the waypoint. I have to choose Edit>Delete from the top menus. Why have delete option in the right-click menu if it doesn't do anything? Very confusing!

Basecamp just doesn't seem very intuitive or user friendly. Why should you have to select File>New>Route when just making the Route icon active all of the time would quicker and more user friendly. I want to like BaseCamp, which does some things that Mapsource won't, but it's not nearly as easy to use as Mapsource, IMHO.