Problem Beta Map on Firefox 5 Mac OSX

Hi folks,

I experienced something strange happen about 2 days ago. When I open the beta map on Firefox 4 OSX,

there was just a grey screen with that bar on the left hand side showing up. The original map was still working fine.

I updated to the new firefox 5 version...problem still there. I tried Safari and it worked fine on both map types.

Maybe this has to do with some Java issue???

Does anyone have the same trouble?

Cheers,

Tom

screenshot20110626at142.png

Hi folks,

I experienced something strange happen about 2 days ago. When I open the beta map on Firefox 4 OSX,

there was just a grey screen with that bar on the left hand side showing up. The original map was still working fine.

I updated to the new firefox 5 version...problem still there. I tried Safari and it worked fine on both map types.

Maybe this has to do with some Java issue???

Does anyone have the same trouble?

Cheers,

Tom

screenshot20110626at142.png

My firefox recently did an upgrade on my mac. I used to be able to use the old maps to download into my GPS. After the last round of Geocaching.com upgrades, my mac now has to restart in 32 bit mode every time I want to download coordinates. NOW since the firefox upgrade, it tells me that it does not support the Garmin plugin for downloadsd at all! I haven't tried yet as I still have tons of coordinates on my gps. I don't like the new beta maps because it doesn't offer the cache info on the right side like the original maps do. I have to hover over each spot and wait to see what that cache is, whereas on the old maps I could roll my mouse over the names on the right and have it light up on the map. This is one option that shouldn't be changed, but that's another topic....

The maps are working fine for me but I also had to update Java. Having to restart in 32bit is a pain when I want to load a cache. All 3 major brands need to update the plug in for Safari Firefox and Chrome. Garmin wont work on FF Delorme wont work on Safari. Chrome freezes up a lot lately.

I just downgraded Firefox from version 5 down to 3.6. Its working fine now.

How do you downgrade Firefox? Wouldn't you lose a lot of info and settings? If I could figure out how, I would install another copy if possible of 3.6 to use for caching.... if I could figure out how.