Cache submit form should have a section for 'Approver eyes only'

martmann

I am hiding a puzzle cache, and I know the approver is going to want the REAL coordinates, I don't want to put them in the brief or long description areas on the chance that it might get approved with them still there by accident. So I guess I'll wait for the approver to email me asking for them?

Multi caches must have the same problem, so...

How about a space on the cache submission form that only the hider and the approver/s can see?

Or am I missing the easy way to do this?

Please tell me the best/fastest way to include sensitive info that an approver needs to see, without others seeing it. Thanks.

If trees could scream, would we still cut them down?

Well, maybe if they screamed all the time, for no reason.

Click here for my Geocaching pictures and Here (newest)

[This message was edited by martmann on August 24, 2003 at 03:14 AM.]

I've been told that you can simply put the text anywhere with the note "ADMIN USE ONLY" and they would clean it up before approving it.

I'm working on a cache now in the same way and I put at the top of the page

quote:
(ADMIN USE ONLY

Final Coordinates:

Etc.)

The scary part is hoping it is deleted before it is published. It would be nice to have a field dedicated to Administrative notes. Those would never appear on the site.

I would suggest that there be a couple of things under the Notes to Approver section:

1. A couple of boxes for filling in the actual cache coordinates if they are different from the posted coordinates.

2. A text box for general notes to the Approver.

I would think that item number 1 would be mandatory. How can someone approve a cache unless they know the true coordinates.

Rocket Man

quote:
Originally posted by Rocket Man:

I have suggested this and I think it may be in work for the new "log a cache" page. here is a link to my previous thread on the subject and here is a comment from Jeremy on another thread where I brought it up. RM

Thanks all, I guess I'll just hope the note gets removed, I have a pretty cool FTF prize, and want to make the FTF work for it, not just give them the real coordinates.

If you want you can also check out some of your previous caches. At the bottom of the page you can see who approved the cache. You can email the approver with the final coords & waypoint number.

TMJ-Admin

Don't mind us, we're just looking for tupperware in this bush.

The idea of typing a NOTE TO ADMIN at the top of the large description box is very helpful. In the case of multistage and mystery caches, this removes a cycle of e-mail from the admin to the cache owner and back, usually resulting in a more prompt approval (all other things being OK, of course.)

quote:
Originally posted by Laogai:

If you check the 'The descriptions below are in HTML' box all text written like this <!-- Note to the approver... --> will not apear visibly on the cache page.

Cool idea! Two questions though:

1. Would the approver know to look for the commented text?

2. There are many HTML savvy cachers out there that know how to look at a page's source to pick up tricks of the HTML trade.

The best way, as Team Misguided said, is to contact your local approver and follow their direction. You see, Team Misguided IS my local approver so that's where I take my lead! icon_smile.gif

Unless I need to edit the cache page, there is no way that I would see commented text in html. And if there's no problems with the cache, I'll just approve it without ever opening up the edit page. Too big of a risk!

I DO read all the text of the cache description, so flagged text will work just fine, like this:

****** NOTE TO APPROVER - PLEASE DELETE ******

Please approve this cache and I will make another transfer to your PayPal account like we've always done.

****** END NOTE TO APPROVER *****

Another way is to log a note on your cache page. This is easier to remove because I can just click on the delete button. And e-mail works, too.

The good news is that all of these methods will be moot once Jeremy is able to add the feature where there's a box on the hide/edit a cache page for private notes to the approver.

--------------------

frog.gif Don't mess with the frog. frog.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Keystone Approver:

...Another way is to log a note on your cache page. This is easier to remove because I can just click on the delete button. And e-mail works, too.

I would be glad to email the approver, if I knew ahead of time which approver, and their email address. I think

I'll just wait until I get beck from my trip, then submit the cache without the final coordinates, and let the approver email me to ask for it.

It has a really cool FTF prize, and I want to make sure the FTF has to work for it.

quote:
Originally posted by martmann:

I would be glad to email the approver, if I knew ahead of time which approver, and their email address. I think

I am the local approver for Washington along with Moun10Bike. You can email the final coords to either of us through geocaching.com, just go to my profile page and click email this user.

quote:

travisl

posted August 26, 2003 04:45 PM

/me salivates

Why, it will take you three trips and you'll just get beat on the FTF by a newbie, with out a gps, in the dark, with one hand tied behind their back. icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

JK: I love reading your not found logs!!

TMJ--Admin

Don't mind us, we're just looking for tupperware in this bush.