Statistics not updating properly

My current "longest streak" is 29 days from 05/28/2011 to 06/25/2011. My statistics show "28 consecutive days with finds from 05/28/2011 to 06/24/2011" even though I found and logged caches today, the 25th. Others who have streaks going and cached/logged today (kablooey is an example) do not have this issue. Is there a lackey out there who can fix this problem?

Thanks.

My current "longest streak" is 29 days from 05/28/2011 to 06/25/2011. My statistics show "28 consecutive days with finds from 05/28/2011 to 06/24/2011" even though I found and logged caches today, the 25th. Others who have streaks going and cached/logged today (kablooey is an example) do not have this issue. Is there a lackey out there who can fix this problem?

Thanks.

The statistics only update once a day, so you'll have to wait a day.

I checked this morning and all is okay. Thanks for the feedback. However …

Hit the "Update My Statistics Now" button.

Hmmm. I wonder where that might be?

Since I had logged my finds earlier in the day and since kablooey’s stats had updated, I’m thinking it might be more often than that. Obviously, though, it isn’t instantaneous.

Thanks again.

I know it's there, I've used it, but the funny thing is I just looked and didn't see it? <_< I seem to remember that you can only update every so often and that may be why the button isn't showing, or they may be doing something secret at the lillypond. :blink:

I know it's there, I've used it, but the funny thing is I just looked and didn't see it? <_< I seem to remember that you can only update every so often and that may be why the button isn't showing, or they may be doing something secret at the lillypond. :blink:

I don't visit Groundspeak's Statistics page very often, since I prefer the stats generated by GSAK and have those on my profile page. And I am quite sure I've never clicked on any "Update My Statistics Now" button.

I just now visited the "Your Statistics" page, and there is no "Update My Statistics Now" button anywhere, at least in that set of pages. Could that be a feature that was offered for a while and later removed? Alternatively, could an "Update My Statistics Now" button be available on some other Web page? That would seem odd, but anything is possible. I did check the "Edit Your Statistics Settings" page, but there's no such button there, either.

--Larry

A while ago (minutes) I checked my Stat page. There was a statement that my stats had last been updated 23 hours ago, and an 'Update Now' button. I hit the button, the page refreshed, the button was gone and the text read 'Last updated one minute ago'.

I didn't care enough to collect screenshots of each tab before and after to see what (if anything) had changed.

Now the page says the last update was an hour ago, and the 'Update Now' button is back after a manual page refresh.

A while ago (minutes) I checked my Stat page. There was a statement that my stats had last been updated 23 hours ago, and an 'Update Now' button. I hit the button, the page refreshed, the button was gone and the text read 'Last updated one minute ago'.

I didn't care enough to collect screenshots of each tab before and after to see what (if anything) had changed.

Now the page says the last update was an hour ago, and the 'Update Now' button is back after a manual page refresh.

(to the strains of the Twilight Zone theme....)

This is weird. I checked my Stat page again just now, and it includes an "Update My Statistics Now" button right under the statement "Statistics last generated 31 minutes ago." I clicked the button, whereupon the button disappeared. Wonder how long before the button shows up again?

My theory: The Stats page is automatically updated when you navigate to the page, as long as you haven't visited the page in a while. That's why I didn't see the button when I navigated there earlier. Then after a set amount of time, when you revisit or refresh the page, the button reappears.

--Larry

(to the strains of the Twilight Zone theme....)

This is weird. I checked my Stat page again just now, and it includes an "Update My Statistics Now" button right under the statement "Statistics last generated 31 minutes ago." I clicked the button, whereupon the button disappeared. Wonder how long before the button shows up again?

My theory: The Stats page is automatically updated when you navigate to the page, as long as you haven't visited the page in a while. That's why I didn't see the button when I navigated there earlier. Then after a set amount of time, when you revisit or refresh the page, the button reappears.

--Larry

That theory can't be quite correct either... See the picture I posted above. The button is there, and yet my stats had last been updated 21 hours ago (also on the picture). So it doesn't refresh automatically when I go on the page. So weird!

That theory can't be quite correct either... See the picture I posted above. The button is there, and yet my stats had last been updated 21 hours ago (also on the picture). So it doesn't refresh automatically when I go on the page. So weird!

My latest theory (subject to change at a moment's notice):

1. The system keeps track of the last time you visited the Stats page.

2. If you haven't visited in X amount of time (a day, perhaps?), the page is automagically updated when you navigate to the page, and no "Update" button appears.

3. A set amount of time after this visit (minutes?; hours? but less than the X in bullet point 2), if you revisit the page or refresh, the button is made available to update the stats.

In other words, the page automatically shows updated stats once a day (or however long), and can be manually refreshed at fixed intervals.

--Larry

I look at our stats page quite often and this is how it works for me:

- The "Update My Statistics Now" button will not show up if you're viewing your stats from your "Public Profile." It will only show up if you click the statistics button at the top of the page on the "Quick View" profile.

- The "Update My Statistics Now" button also won't show up if you've clicked it within the last five minutes. Once you see "Statistics generated five minutes ago" you can refresh the page and update your stats again. Sometime you may have to wait another 30 seconds or so.

That's just how it works for us.

Hope it was of some help,

Brad and Lauren

I checked this morning and all is okay. Thanks for the feedback. However …

Since I had logged my finds earlier in the day and since kablooey’s stats had updated, I’m thinking it might be more often than that. Obviously, though, it isn’t instantaneous.

Thanks again.

What I meant was overnight...not twenty-four hours..