Post a picture of your local area!

I'm a sucker for maps, I don't know what it is about them, but I seem to get addicted to any hobby that involves them. WheresGeorge, and now this. However, I also like to see other's maps. So post a picture of your local area as seen by the geocaching map!

(picsnip)

Love the airport name!:)

It's not just the airport, I live in Cache county!

I'm a sucker for maps, I don't know what it is about them, but I seem to get addicted to any hobby that involves them. WheresGeorge, and now this. However, I also like to see other's maps. So post a picture of your local area as seen by the geocaching map!

(picsnip)

Love the airport name!:)

It's not just the airport, I live in Cache county!

Even better!:lol:

How do you get a pic off the maps?

Go to the maps, and then press the button that says "Print Screen" or "PrntScrn" or something to that effect on your keyboard. Then open up MS Paint, or some other art program, right click and press paste, and crop and save it. Then upload the image somehow (I used tinypic.com) and post it here with img tags.

Edited by UtahnBirder

I love to see about the many cache poor people on the thread. I tried to get a fair representation of what we have here.

To be fair it's not quite as bad as it looks and is improving slowly. I zoomed out a bit to show a roughly 10mi w x 25mi h zone.

One thing that is missing is the my finds (all of them) in this zoom. Also several are two or more caches compressed by the range.

To be fair there are a few further north up the valley, some on mountain tops, several that are less than 16km away, IF you can fly. Otherwise you need to drive around about hundreds of km. or use a ATV of some sort or walk. Some you can't do that, the mining companies close out most of the east side to access most of the time. You have to start in Alberta and walk in. Still researching ways to eliminate that. Of course the mines are tame compared to the 'residents' as in Grizzly Bears etc.

South is better with a few dozen caches within an hour drive, same East to the Crowsnest Pass. To the Southwest there are even more as you get closer to Cranbrook. Seems there are hundreds there, in fact I'm getting a trip ready soon.

Anyway, I thought I'd represent the cachers in the remoter, less cache dense places. I know there are more.

This shows 16 by my count including the multiples. 5 in town so far.

10x25km.jpg

edit: fixed my goof not enough km in the area. used miles instead.

Doug 7rxc

Edited by 7rxc

Here's a map of where I live:

166a2518-26af-42ff-b0be-09c922158a7a.jpg

And here's a map of Victoria, where I've found a few as well:

5aae5898-b410-4309-863b-519ae1cef3d1.jpg

Thanks for saving me from having to post a pic myself, MrWilson! Victoria is close, and home is just south and west of the lower border of the Vic map.

the lower map is my home base. however another user has posted a picture of where I used to live.

Thanks for saving me from having to post a pic myself, MrWilson! Victoria is close, and home is just south and west of the lower border of the Vic map.

lot of puzzles in that lower map.

lot of puzzles in that lower map.

Yes, very many.... I usually get stuck trying to figure one out when I'm loading caches to my GPS!

My area:

caches.jpg

I'm in awe of the above posts, that is some awesome caching! I'm a relative newbie, as my map shows, although almost all have been done on foot or by public transport. I've got a few more scattered around the place - London, Cheshire, Staffordshire.

There are a few smily faces in there, honest!

Edited by AbbieK