Membership expired?

bittsen

How do you determine when your premium membership is about to expire? How do you know if your PM is ACTUALLY expired and not just a system glitch?

I just tried to run a PQ and was informed I am a basic member. I never received a notification that my PM was about to expire. It seems like it really hasn't been a year (but it could have been) since I renewed the PM last time.

It sucks because I was going to go caching tomorrow with a new cacher and don't have a PQ for the area we will be hiking.

Will my PM benefits be turned on immediately with the payment of the membership?

So many questions.

well for what is worth i never got a reminder either, like i used to, so i sent Groundspeak a message last week, that being 2 weeks ahead of my renewal being due, to as if all will go through as planned...the reply was that yes, all is in order

I have it automatically renew on my Credit card and had no problems it sent me a email saying it would chard my account on such, and such date and by god it did then sent me a receipt.

SS

But who wants a chard credit card?
If you had a card through a Swiss bank, and it got chard, would you have a Swiss Chard Credit Card?

1343111_091214143156_SwissChardBL.jpg

In the top right corner of geocaching.com pages is a small rectangle which says "Hi,..." with your caching name and number of caches found. It will also state "Premium Member". When you get close to your renewal date (I think it's 30 days) it will say something to the effect of "Your Premium Membership Expires on XXX". That's what reminded me this year.

I have the opposite problem. I just got email telling me my premium membership would expire in one week, but in fact I have one year and one week remaining:

geomembership.gif

I pay annually by check well ahead of time specifically to avoid losing access in the middle of summer vacation, sigh.

I have the opposite problem. I just got email telling me my premium membership would expire in one week, but in fact I have one year and one week remaining:

geomembership.gif

I pay annually by check well ahead of time specifically to avoid losing access in the middle of summer vacation, sigh.

They are just giving you advance notice... Very advanced notice, that your PM is due to expire. :laughing:

Keep it safe. They may not send another. :huh:

Edited by Bear and Ragged

geomembership.gif

You may want to contact them and make sure they got your check.

Duh. Ok, they got the payment. Yes, I would screen capture that showing the 2012 date and make sure you keep the cancelled check in case they do actually drop you back down to basic by accident.

The fact that you got the expiration email would concern me as well.

Edited by Avenois

I have been a member for years and pay monthly - last payment July 27.

And yet my profile is now listed as basic and I have no access to premium features :unsure:

I have however changed my membership name a short while ago, but since my membership number remains the same, as does my email, I'm surprised that a name change might cause such a glitch.

I've emailed the Groundspeak contact email and I hope they fix it asap.