Found unmarked cache

CptJackSparrow

Good day to you..

I was out on a fieldtrip with my sons and their school. One little girl in my youngest sons class, found a geo cache under the first step, at the bottom of One Thousand Steps in White Rock, B.C., Canada. It looked brand new, and the first page said it was their first cache. It had a few new trade items in it, most of which we were pleased to see were Canadian trinkets.. The girls were delighted to hear about what we had found, so we quickly signed the log and put it back in place.. tnlnsl.. The problem occured when we came home to log the cache.. I dont seem to find it listed. It had no name or instruction about what it was. It was very visible and without proper markings might be taken. It didnt seem to have a user name. So.... What do I do?

post-script: the children all went home with a good understanding of what geo caching was... and eager to share their find with their parents :) Here is a happy yay to the only three girls in my group, the ones who found the box, Sophie, Alexis, and Juliana. Way to go girls!

Good day to you..

I was out on a fieldtrip with my sons and their school. One little girl in my youngest sons class, found a geo cache under the first step, at the bottom of One Thousand Steps in White Rock, B.C., Canada. It looked brand new, and the first page said it was their first cache. It had a few new trade items in it, most of which we were pleased to see were Canadian trinkets.. The girls were delighted to hear about what we had found, so we quickly signed the log and put it back in place.. tnlnsl.. The problem occured when we came home to log the cache.. I dont seem to find it listed. It had no name or instruction about what it was. It was very visible and without proper markings might be taken. It didnt seem to have a user name. So.... What do I do?

post-script: the children all went home with a good understanding of what geo caching was... and eager to share their find with their parents :) Here is a happy yay to the only three girls in my group, the ones who found the box, Sophie, Alexis, and Juliana. Way to go girls!

Looks like there's already a cache on the stairs....Up the Down Staircase - Step 4

It's a pill bottle micro, which as of January, appears to be missing. Looks like the person who placed the swag size cache didn't check the geocaching site before planting the box. Hopefully they will be back to retrieve it. They'll be surprised to see your entry in the logbook.

Actually this cache is located right at the bottom of 1001 steps, but it is definitely not new. Is that not the one you found?

yes! this looks like the one.. i dont why I couldnt find the cache before.. thanks!

The cache had a log book in it which stated that this was their first cache.. but no indication how long it had been there.. we were only the second to sign the book.

we were glad to find it and introduce quite a few children to the geocaching world...

Edited by CptJackSparrow