Recyling Caches

Recently, a cache location I liked so much was archived. From the notes, he noted that the "property was sold" which it wasn't.. It was still owned by the city as a park system.. He did tell me via email that he didn't want to maintain the cache anymore and that was his way of getting out of it. Which is all fine and dandy so I put a cache out there, pretty much the same spot.. Then recently a different cache by my house was archived 3-4 months ago because the CO went to Italy, but someone recently put a new cache in almost the exact same location. I am just wondering, since I am guilty myself of recycling a cache location of what you think? This question pertains to cache locations where caches were archived because of neglect, CO didn't want to maintain it, CO no longer active, etc.. not to cache locations that were archived due to being too close to schools, or landowner requested removal, etc but rather cache locations that were legitimately placed, then archived..then another cacher taking up the same spot, so in theory.. recycling the cache location...

I'd like to see more recycling... that is, I've seen more than enough badly-maintained caches with soggy swag and moldy logbooks sitting in great locations. Caches like those ought to be archived, and the locations recycled. If the original cache was a particularly popular or memorable one in its day, I think it's appropriate (though not necessary) for the new cache to be explicitly a tribute to the old.