MAP OF MY PQ

michigansnorkelers

Sorry if this has been covered a thousand times.

Since the advent of the BETA map, I cannot get a map of my PQ to show.

When I go to my PQ and click on the map icon, the BETA map shows with ALL caches. I just want to see a map of the caches in my PQ. If I select to go back to the regular map, EVERY cache shows again, not just the caches in my PQ.

I tried displaying the results of my PQ and picking the map option from that page ... same result.

I know it must be something simple, but please be patient and tell me what I'm missing.

Yes it will show all the caches but the cache that appear in your PQ will have a little thought bubble over them with a lightning bolt in it. There is no way to just show the PQ caches.

For years, I used to be able to do just that, display a map of just my PQ. There was a list of numbered cache names to the side. I used to print this out and take it with me.

I can see now that the BETA map can be modified to disable display of all caches except the lightning bolt, but I feel that is a tedious way to do this every time. But then, the caches are NOT listed by number. You can't even click on the bubble to see what is underneath unless you enable display of all cache types again.

And WHY, when I select the option to return to the regular geocaching maps, does it show ALL maps with NO way for me to see what was in my PQ?

There has GOT to be a way to display my PQ results like I did in the past, doesn't there?

Yes it will show all the caches but the cache that appear in your PQ will have a little thought bubble over them with a lightning bolt in it. There is no way to just show the PQ caches.

For years, I used to be able to do just that, display a map of just my PQ. There was a list of numbered cache names to the side. I used to print this out and take it with me.

I can see now that the BETA map can be modified to disable display of all caches except the lightning bolt, but I feel that is a tedious way to do this every time. But then, the caches are NOT listed by number. You can't even click on the bubble to see what is underneath unless you enable display of all cache types again.

And WHY, when I select the option to return to the regular geocaching maps, does it show ALL maps with NO way for me to see what was in my PQ?

There has GOT to be a way to display my PQ results like I did in the past, doesn't there?

There IS a way--I've been using it and still consider it a PITA, but it does do the job. (Note-you have to show the numbers because the symbols don't print, just the numbers.)

See Here: http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=274785&st=0&p=4738510entry4738510

A note about the numbers & lack of symbols--the symbols (on screen) show the actual cache location, the numbers are next to the symbols, maybe on the "other side of the road." Don't be misled when you only have the numbers into thinking that they now show the actual cache location. They still could be on the other side of the road.

Another quirk with this method--

For each page you want to print, check whether portrait or landscape gives better results. In portrait, the map prints over the top one or two items on the numbers/names list, unless the list is VERY short. In landscape, sometimes there is an extra section of map that prints over the bottom of the list.

Hmm- I thought I was making a new post, now I see I edited my prior one.

Edited by DoubleBent

Ah Ha!

Thanks for that!

I tried this and it seems to work. :D

I now have two shortcuts on my toolbar: one to my PQs page and one to a PQ displayed as described in that thread.

I choose a PQ and COPY the "guid..." part, then I PASTE it over the "guid..." part of the PQ on my toolbar.

Takes only a couple seconds. :D :D :D

Thanks!