Missing threads?

Tsegi Mike and Desert Viking

Did the problem with the forums today cause some threads to disappear? If you go to the benchmark and TB sections, there are only a couple of threads for 2003, then you get threads for 2002 and 2001. There are no current replies on these old threads so I'm not sure why they pulled up unless the older 2003 threads disappeared.

Very curious. It seems that the message boards I hang out at have all had problems the last couple of days.

Till a voice, as bad as Conscience, rang interminable changes

On one everlasting Whisper day and night repeated -- so:

"Something hidden. Go and find it. Go and look behind the Ranges --

"Something lost behind the Ranges. Lost and waiting for you. Go!"

Rudyard Kipling , The Explorer 1898

There was a database problem. The UK forum has the same missing threads thing. Elias says that some of the indexes are still being rebuilt, so it could take time for things to get back to normal.

Bill

-------------------------------

"Ah, take the Cache and let the Credit go..."

The Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam, trans. Edward Fitzgerald

quote:
Originally posted by Elias:

If I missed one, please let me know.

The topic called FIN: Suomennoksia seems to be missing in the Nordic Countries forum.

EDIT: It's not actually missing, but on the wrong page, so apparently the order of the threads is muddled up.

- I just got lost in thought. It was unfamiliar territory. -

[This message was edited by Divine on August 27, 2003 at 03:57 AM.]

quote:
Originally posted by Divine:

The topic called _FIN: Suomennoksia_ seems to be missing in the Nordic Countries forum.

EDIT: It's not actually missing, but on the wrong page, so apparently the order of the threads is muddled up.

This should be fixed now. Thanks for letting me know.

frog.gif Elias

The problem has (re?)appeared in the Northeast forums. Elias, I also sent mail to contact@Groundspeak.com. No need to reply to it, since I found this thread after that I sent that email. Just so's ya know ...

-- I've found 58% of the caches in the country! How are your numbers? ;-)