geocaching day

prot1

Every day is geocaching day. Not sure how often I could go international though.

Armchair logging.

(Is that on schedule today?)

Nope... Know I could do say, what in the world right now, but what's the point?

Need to keep my 100 days on track... Drinking heavily... Taxi coming to get me to a cache in around 12 hours.

From this weeks Groundspeak Weekly Newsletter

The 2010 Lost & Found Celebration was so much fun that we decided to turn it into an annual event: the Geocaching Block Party. The 2011 Block Party will be on August 20th from 11 am to 3 pm. This is the third Saturday of August, which will be the first International Geocaching Day! The event will be in the plaza next to our soon-to-be new HQ office building, so make sure to check the cache page for coordinates, since they are slightly different than last year's celebration.

... Caching by taxi?!?!? :blink: Oh how the other half live.......... B)

If it's booked as 'wait and return', let's hope it's a quick find :)

It's booked exactly as that... 10 minutes tops... Gonna be a dash n cache n dash!

I think that is so cool!

.... I know ... I'm easily impressed! :rolleyes:

Edited by FantasyRaider

what about an international geocaching day what date to pick

September 3rd 2010 was pretty 'international' for us - caching in six countries in 24 hours....

:rolleyes:

Pretty sure you're the current UK record holders with that. We plan to take your record though later on in the year. This is going to end up being a re-run of Cram and Ovett! :P

As part of "The JAMS" (JOSSS, Alibags, Metal-Bijou and Sipmly Paul) roadtrip to a mega event in Austria, we found caches in 9 countries within 72 hrs. Think we only got 6 countries bagged within the 24 hr period too. And that was on the way out when we were rushing to get to Austria, on the return we stopped at two small countries (Liechtenstein and Luxembourg) just because. Look forward to seeing you beat the country count.

what about an international geocaching day what date to pick

September 3rd 2010 was pretty 'international' for us - caching in six countries in 24 hours....

:rolleyes:

Pretty sure you're the current UK record holders with that. We plan to take your record though later on in the year. This is going to end up being a re-run of Cram and Ovett! :P

As part of "The JAMS" (JOSSS, Alibags, Metal-Bijou and Sipmly Paul) roadtrip to a mega event in Austria, we found caches in 9 countries within 72 hrs. Think we only got 6 countries bagged within the 24 hr period too. And that was on the way out when we were rushing to get to Austria, on the return we stopped at two small countries (Liechtenstein and Luxembourg) just because. Look forward to seeing you beat the country count.

The later this year, may now end as early next year..... I thought I would be able to do it by motorbike, but it will be too tiring to be enjoyable. Four is our best so far.