Etiket...

VryBurgers

Goeie middag... Good day to you all.

We are planning to do a couple of caches this weekend and it seems that there are a few trackables in between them, coins as well as TB's. I was wondering: if there are more than one trackable in a cache, do you take just one or more and should you then place them all in different caches? What about if you do 5 caches each with a trackable?

Thank you.

I own many TB's and coins. All I want from a cacher is to place them in a safe cache and to let them travel. That is why they are called TRAVEL Bugs! <_< So my answer is quite simple - if you can move them to another cache then please take them.

My 2c worth.

So we received out first trackable coin only after we had already done a couple of caches. The purpose of this coin is to log all our travels, but keep in mind that we only received and activated it after a couple of months. Is it possible and ethical to retrospectively add a note to those caches previously done so as to dip the coin in those caches? That way we would get a nice map of our geocaching travels...

So we received out first trackable coin only after we had already done a couple of caches. The purpose of this coin is to log all our travels, but keep in mind that we only received and activated it after a couple of months. Is it possible and ethical to retrospectively add a note to those caches previously done so as to dip the coin in those caches? That way we would get a nice map of our geocaching travels...

There is certainly nothing wrong with doing that. In fact, now that you have the coin in your inventory, you can go back to your found logs for those caches, edit them (you don't actually have to change anything unless you want to) but as part of the edit your coin can "Visit" the cache.

Simply do this for each one, in the order you found them.

Even if we have dipped the coin in caches we have found since we have had it? Would that still work? For example we dipped it in a cache yesterday, now we want to dip it in a cache that we found in April 2010...

The log date governs the order so it should work fine. I've retroactively logged bugs in the past, but you could try one or two just to double check.

Great, thanks! One last question: can a trackable visit an earthcache seeing that there is no physical cache?

Like nanos and 99% of micros, visiting is all it can do :) So yes, a trackable can visit any type of cache including virtuals and earthcaches