Why is it?

jholly

[rant]

Was heading back after finding and oldie, I'll leave which one as an exercise for the stalkers. But I stop to do another one. A nice large pull out, a nice path down to a river with nice logs, stumps, trees and other nice NW hidie holes. Where is the cache? In the stupid guard rail. <_<:anibad: I have a really hard time understanding that thinking process.

[/rant]

Okay, back to your regularly scheduled forum topic.

[rant]

Was heading back after finding and oldie, I'll leave which one as an exercise for the stalkers. But I stop to do another one. A nice large pull out, a nice path down to a river with nice logs, stumps, trees and other nice NW hidie holes. Where is the cache? In the stupid guard rail. <_<:anibad: I have a really hard time understanding that thinking process.

[/rant]

You were expecting something more when you were caching in a place named Idiotville?

The woods have ticks, poison ivy, snakes, and sometimes rabid raccoons and beavers. Plus, if there is a trail, then muggles go back there and may find it. A guardrail hide only has the remote danger of being hit by a car, won't get muggled, and will be easy to find.

Not that I wouldnt normally do such a thing, but I can see both sides.

Edited by 4wheelin_fool

[rant]

[/rant]

Oh, good, had to check and make sure it wasn't my husband's cache. :rolleyes::laughing:

[rant]

[/rant]

The cache placement allowed you to discover a nice place. Fo the life of me, I can't identify the source of your angst.

[rant]

[/rant]

You were expecting something more when you were caching in a place named Idiotville?

You do have a point there.

The woods have ticks, poison ivy, snakes, and sometimes rabid raccoons and beavers. Plus, if there is a trail, then muggles go back there and may find it. A guardrail hide only has the remote danger of being hit by a car, won't get muggled, and will be easy to find.

Not that I wouldnt normally do such a thing, but I can see both sides.

In the Pacific NorthWet ticks are around, but generally rare. No poison ivy, very occasionally poison oak. On the wet side the most dangerous snake we have is the common garter snake. I'm more concerned about brown recluse spiders. Rabid raccoons or beavers are possible I suppose, but apparently not a big problem since the local news doesn't report it. Probably a much bigger problem is black bear and the occasional cougar or coyotes.

[rant]

[/rant]

The cache placement allowed you to discover a nice place. Fo the life of me, I can't identify the source of your angst.

I guess the problem is coming back from the oldie it was a bit of a let down. Although I guess I should not be to upset since the oldie was a park and grab :) ... at the end of eight miles of dirt road and 2500 foot elevation gain and some really remote and pretty country. Nothing like driving a single lane road clawed into the side of a steep mountain and hoping a log truck is not roaring around that blind curve. The upside is it would not be possible to hide a guard rail hide on that road. :)

[rant]

[/rant]

Maybe, just maybe, geocaching isn't just about the location.

[rant]

[/rant]

Maybe, just maybe, geocaching isn't just about the location.

Nope its about grown adults seeking crappy children's toys too :laughing:

[rant]

[/rant]

You do have a point there.

Just wondering if it really was Idiotville, I think I have cached there?

Fun, except for the 'skeeters.