Been a month, still no logs on my 5 Terrain EC

Nuttyguy

Hey Nuttyguy,

Don't hold your breath. In this day and age, if it can't be found in 5 minutes your EC may remain very lonely. It looks great and I only wish we were a bit closer. There seems to be a mad dash for the guardrails and lamp poles, but something as worthy as your EC is just too far off the beaten path! Too bad! Yes, we also have a couple of drive by ECs and they are OK, but are not our favorites. The tough ones seldom get visited. :unsure:

Keep up the good work!

It looks lovely. It might not be a frequently visited EarthCache, but I bet the logs will be just terrific. I hope they post lots of photos. I glanced at the other caches nearby and it seems like the entire area is a bit remote. The other caches nearby that take some doing don't seem to get visits that often either--once a month or so? Surely someone will be along soon since it's summer!

(It won't be me, though, not only is it too far to commute, I have this tendency to tip canoes over. The first time I met other geocachers, I managed to tip myself out of a canoe into a creek near the mouth of a major river. It was 40°F outside, and the creek was frozen over just 10 feet or so away from where I entered the canoe. Talk about cold. Of course, then I had to cross the creek in the canoe and hike up the very long very steep hill on the other side, sopping wet from the waist down. Either that or walk back the several miles we had hiked in--which some of the people with me decided to do after seeing me take my little swim. It made a great introduction story at meet and eats for months to come!)

Looks pretty cool. Its a bit far for me to drive, but not totally out of the question. Once I get my passport I hope to be visiting lots of EC's in WA state.

My terrain 3 EC has been published for almost 2 months with no visit yet. I think the comment by KK&M pretty much sums it up, if its not a 5 minute find, dont expect many visits.

Comically, I had this same issue. Did one for the Mt. Saint Helen's area, was almost two months for mine to get found. Happens a gent from Australia was visiting. He joked how much fun it was to get his first FTF in America... Also, I have to take into account seasonal issues. I know the road to my cache can be closed during certain parts of the year, so I wait and watch.