Not posting an owners maintenance log

I have noticed that some caches have the "needs maintenance" attribute still listed on the cache page. I know that after repairing the cache the owner needs to submit an owners maintenance log to remove the attribute from the cache page. My question is why. What will happen (or not happen) if the owner doesn't complete the owners log and the attribute stays on the page?

thanks

Fewer people are likely to visit a cache that appears to be in need of maintenance.

The "NM" attribute often indicates that a cache might be missing, the log is full or missing, or the cache is a mess. Some people who dislike NM caches will read the logs, see that all is well, and search for it. Others won't read the logs or will perform a Pocket Query search that filters out NM caches.

I have noticed that some caches have the "needs maintenance" attribute still listed on the cache page. I know that after repairing the cache the owner needs to submit an owners maintenance log to remove the attribute from the cache page. My question is why. What will happen (or not happen) if the owner doesn't complete the owners log and the attribute stays on the page?

thanks

In my area, the reviewers will do "sweeps" of caches that have lingering NM attributes. If the owner doesn't post an "Owner maintenance" log to clear the NM attribute, the reviewers will post notes on the cache page telling the owner that what needs to be done. They often give a time period in which the owner should respond.

Caches with long-lingering NM attributes have been disabled, and archived, by the reviewers when the cache owner does not respond in some fashion.

Fewer people are likely to visit a cache that appears to be in need of maintenance.

The "NM" attribute often indicates that a cache might be missing, the log is full or missing, or the cache is a mess. Some people who dislike NM caches will read the logs, see that all is well, and search for it. Others won't read the logs or will perform a Pocket Query search that filters out NM caches.