Geocaching Power Moms

Hello, My name is Hajaluke! And I'm a geocaching mom! When I first told my kids about geocaching, their eyes lit up, and you could see the excitement coursing through their veins... And then - A new favorite family past time was born. :rolleyes:

Let's get acquainted and share our joys and mishaps of geocaching with our kids.

Joys - Its allows us to spend time together doing fun and educational things.

Mishaps - Just yesterday, while searching for Saf-T-Man's "Queen of Grant Park" cache, we were attacked by hundred (maybe thousands) of mosquitoes! LOL... You should see us now... LUMPY BUMPY and bruised from the bites... But is was so much fun! Thanks Saf T Man! :P

I'm a newbie, but all my finds have been done by me and my toddler! He is just over two, and likes to hunt in piles of leaves with sticks, I'm not sure he quite understands what is going on, but he loves it when we find a box! Hoping he'll grow up loving the hobby.

Thanks Mdplayers,

Here's an idea.. might be lame to you but maybe you could create a cache just for him, but don't tell him that you did and put things in it that he likes. Maybe when he finds it, it'll hook him. Maybe not, <_< but thought I'd tell you what I was thinking anyway! :D

I'm a newbie, but all my finds have been done by me and my toddler! He is just over two, and likes to hunt in piles of leaves with sticks, I'm not sure he quite understands what is going on, but he loves it when we find a box! Hoping he'll grow up loving the hobby.

Keep with it and he will... I have a toddler also. My three are 11, 9, and 18 months. Its fun for all of them. Gives them something to look forward to, I believe.

We just got back from visiting my parents in Minneapolis, Minnesota. We didn't bother renting a vehicle, relying instead on the folks' car. My cool, 71-year-old mom was happy to drive us to several dozen caches and helped us look for most of them.

My Mum drove me to my first ever FTF while we were visiting her a few weekends ago! She and my Dad have joined us on a few cache hunts, multi-generation cache hunting is the best!

I have two daughters, ages 13 and 10. The teenager will have nothing to do with caching but is more about the age. She loves the outdoors and forests so someday she will come around. The 10 year old never wants to cache but she has a blast when we make her go. The last time we all went caching we had a great time. We were doing a 4-part multi in some small caves/crevices that I knew I wouldn't fit. That's why the girls HAD to go. They got totally covered in dirt and had the best time.

I have two kids Jacob, 10 years old and Alexandra, 9 years old. They are great at crawling though the really thick vines and thorns to get those pesky woodsy hides. I just learned welding and made me a four foot travel bug (eater). It is a big metal frog I plan on taking with us and take pictures of it at all the caches we find (in the general vicinity). For Fathers Day, my kids prepped the frog for painting and helped mom paint it.

Each kid brings a small swag bag to swap with. They enjoy the time out with me and I love any time I spend with them. Of course, not having the wife with us is a bonus too....did I just say that? :o

I'm a geocaching "Mom" as well. Alright, I'm actually a Dad but after getting laid off 3 times in 6 months I'm now at home and my wife is working. I have 3 kids ages 7,5,&3. We love geocaching. We haven't been caching in a little bit now as I am trying to make sure my #100 is memorable. I love the fact that the geocaching gets us outside and to places we have never been before. Generally I allow the kids each one trade Item per day and they try and get the coolest swag trade they can. Our minivan is getting full to overflowing with small toys. The one thing to look out for where we are is Mosquitoes. Bug spray is a must for our days out.

I have two kids Jacob, 10 years old and Alexandra, 9 years old. They are great at crawling though the really thick vines and thorns to get those pesky woodsy hides. I just learned welding and made me a four foot travel bug (eater). It is a big metal frog I plan on taking with us and take pictures of it at all the caches we find (in the general vicinity). For Fathers Day, my kids prepped the frog for painting and helped mom paint it.

Each kid brings a small swag bag to swap with. They enjoy the time out with me and I love any time I spend with them. Of course, not having the wife with us is a bonus too....did I just say that? :o

Don't forget to post a picture of your frog on here for us.

As for the comment... well it's said there is a first time for everything... and a LAST!

Doug 7rxc

Don't forget to post a picture of your frog on here for us.

As for the comment... well it's said there is a first time for everything... and a LAST!

Doug 7rxc

Just waiting for the tag I ordered from here to arrive and it'll be done and pictures posted. Of course last I checked, it said 'order processing'.