Official Geocaching Merchandise

southdeltan

I've noticed several new items in the Groundspeak store and I had a few questions and comments about the items and possible future items.

1. Does anybody else think the hat should be in the clothing section, or is it just me?

2. Are there plans to make the official Geocache stickers in other sizes? I saw this thread and was wondering if anything ever resulted from the thread. Any plans for a durable stencil? I have one made out of laminated material but I'm sure professionals could come up with something thats more durable and inexpensive.

I noticed a thread about travelbugs and that's what reminded me about these items.

I love the new items and hope that more interesting and useful items are added.

southdeltan

"Man can counterfeit everything except silence". - William Faulkner

I second the motion for smaller GEO and "Official cache" stickers as well as durable stencils (that say 'www.geocaching.com') in a couple of sizes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If I want to see a sunrise, I'll STAY up for it!

You're not alone. I feel the same way about the hats. I was just thinking about that yesterday.

I also wish they'd come out with a window decal for your vehicle. Like the NRA stickers. Small and can be put on the inside of the glass.

If you get lost while geocaching, don't worry. Someone else will get lost while geocaching and find you. icon_wink.gif

quote:
Originally posted by WVDan:

I also wish they'd come out with a window decal for your vehicle. Like the NRA stickers. Small and can be put on the inside of the glass.

Huh, they used to have the clingy kind -- I have one -- but I don't see it there now. It's not small, though; it's more like the college ones, running halfway across your back window.

Flat_MiGeo_B88.gif

Well the mountain was so beautiful that this guy built a mall and a pizza shack

Yeah he built an ugly city because he wanted the mountain to love him back -- Dar Williams

quote:
Originally posted by nittany dave:

I sent an email about a month ago asking about smaller GEO and/or GPS stickers and noone ever replied.

Who did you email. Geocaching.com? I don't recall that email though Hydee helps me quite a bit now. We do try to answer every email that comes in, though it sometimes takes a week or so to catch up, especially around vacation times.

Good point about the hat. I had them move it to clothing. I've also been bugging them about the collegiate cling stickers we used to have. They should be on order. In addition we're creating a smaller cache sticker and two sizes of geocaching.com logo stickers for the car. They *should* be done soon but I'll continue to bug them about it.

frog.gif Jeremy Irish

Groundspeak - The Language of Location

quote:
Originally posted by Jeremy:

quote:
Originally posted by nittany dave:

I sent an email about a month ago asking about smaller GEO and/or GPS stickers and noone ever replied.

Who did you email. Geocaching.com? I don't recall that email though Hydee helps me quite a bit now. We do try to answer every email that comes in, though it sometimes takes a week or so to catch up, especially around vacation times.

frog.gif Jeremy Irish

Groundspeak - The Language of Location

I think that I sent it to the address that appears when you click Contact on the merchandise page (contact-Groundspeak@sunriseid.com).

No big deal, I know you guys make every effort to respond. Just another item on my wish list. It's good to see I'm not alone. Maybe some of these items will be offered in the near future.

Here are some more things that would be cool to see in the store:

Logo Pens/pencils

Cache in Trash out logo trash bags (would be great for events)

Logo Magnets

Golf ball

Logo rubics cube type puzzle

Any little thing that would make a great trade item.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have never been lost. Been awful confused for a few days, but never lost!

I have sent several suggestions such as smaller stickers, static cling window stickers with the Geocache logo, logo walking sticks etc. All have been graciously received by the Geocache team and it would not surprise me to see some of these items show up in the Groundspeak store.

I'd like to see a car sticker with the geocaching.com logo rather than the GPS and GEO stickers. Every geocacher would recognize that four color square.

Parsa

[This message was edited by Parsa on July 04, 2003 at 12:53 PM.]

quote:
Originally posted by Parsa:

I'd like to see a car sticker with the geocaching.com logo rather than the GPS and GEO stickers. Every geocacher would recognize that four color square.

I totally agree. I would love to have one of those! I waited to order a window cling until I was ready to order our CITO shirts for the April 26th events. That was about the time they quit carrying them, because I know I had seen them on the website right before then.

*Daphne*

Mysteries Inc.

ingeo-button2.gif

"Their poverty, combined with their naivete and limited knowledge of the world, left them no choice but to put cheap, uninteresting stuff in their time capsule." -- from an article in the ONION, 14 Oct. 1999