Is someone growing weed near my cache?

I saw the title of this thread and had all sorts of stuff in my head about the danger of getting near someone's pot plants, they may have guns, etc. etc.

then I saw the photos.

Nevermind.

If there is weed in those buckets he is no professional grower that's for sure.

Maybe leave him a bottle of fertilizer, I feel so sorry for him.

On one of my caching experiences behind the local walmart, I did come across a decent sized plantation of pot. There was about a dozen plants, each one about 10 feet high... I booked it out of there, and the cache was archived before I could finish the puzzle.

I've seen buckets or plastic tubs left around palmetto bushes before here in SE Florida. I think when the palmettos are in bloom there are people that harvest something from them.

I think maybe you are on to something. :lol:

Wikipedia: The fruits of the saw palmetto are highly enriched with fatty acids and phytosterols, and extracts of the fruits have been the subject of intensive research for the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH). This extract is also commonly used for other medical conditions, such as baldness, polycystic ovarian syndrome, and other hyperandrogen conditions, though research on such uses is weak or absent.
Edited by Gamaliel

A while back, I was walking up a ridge with my dog to place a cache, when I noticed a ranger that seemed be looking at me from a fire road that paralleled the trail in spots. The next week the papers reported that a huge crop had been discovered and destroyed in that region. I miss out on all the good stuff, but in retrospect I was glad that it was a ranger who was following me and not some growers.

And if I came across the cache in question, I probably would be glad that I did not have to deal with that kind of a grower either, although whoever left those buckets might be fierce.

Edited by mulvaney

If that is weed they are trying to grow, they are a dismal failure -- not a green thumb pothead, that's for sure.

This is wild growing weed (is why it's called "weed") ↓

c9ee8441-9ac8-4b6c-bff7-c0a398dd1930.jpg

BD's photo looks to be well cared for weed.

This is known as 'ditch weed'. Grows wild all over the place. Not enough THC in it to be worth harvesting...or risking arrest for doing so.

I wouldn't be too worried about anybody growing anything in a Home depot bucket. That would most likely be a kid or a really desperate loser.

Wouldn't matter. If you are looking for a nearby cache and the law comes upon you try telling them "That's not mine! I'm looking for something else! It's hidden, so you can't see it, and I can't find it at the moment, but that's not my pot, I swear!"

I'm sorry, I ROFL'd when I saw the picture. No, that's not weed.

My bf and I did find some weed while out caching, but that's not uncommon in our part of the world. My province even has a species of canibis named after it!

We found a "geotrail" leading the opposite direction from the cache, and we went to check it out, and our suspicion was correct.

This thread reminds me of the time when my mother mistook the smell of skunk cabbage for maryjane, and tried to talk my father into camping at another campground.

My bf and I did find some weed while out caching, but that's not uncommon in our part of the world. My province even has a species of canibis named after it!

We found a "geotrail" leading the opposite direction from the cache, and we went to check it out, and our suspicion was correct.

This thread reminds me of the time when my mother mistook the smell of skunk cabbage for maryjane, and tried to talk my father into camping at another campground.

Apparently, some in our province grow some very good stuff. I'm always worried when I have just bought catnip on the bud...it looks so similar. Sorry officer, I'm carrying it for my cats - they want to get s%*@ed."

Apparently, some in our province grow some very good stuff. I'm always worried when I have just bought catnip on the bud...it looks so similar. Sorry officer, I'm carrying it for my cats - they want to get s%*@ed."

I'm fairly certain any cop in BC knows bud when they see it. They see it often enough!