What was the coolest thing you've found in a cache?

To be perfectly honest with you... The logbook. Really, in over 400 caches, I've never found anything nicer than a McToy... Unless you count a quarter as nicer than a McToy. Close call.

Where do you cache? That is sad. But, on the bright side, the kids love McToys.

I found a Velcro camo Canadain flag (worn by Canadian Forces on their shoulder). I didn't have any swag to trade, so traded my compass. Still need to buy a new one.

To be perfectly honest with you... The logbook. Really, in over 400 caches, I've never found anything nicer than a McToy... Unless you count a quarter as nicer than a McToy. Close call.

Where do you cache? That is sad. But, on the bright side, the kids love McToys.

I found a Velcro camo Canadain flag (worn by Canadian Forces on their shoulder). I didn't have any swag to trade, so traded my compass. Still need to buy a new one.

I've done over 95% of my caches in 4 areas: Terre Haute, Indiana; West Houston, TX; Waco, TX; and Arlington, TX.

I found some little tiny zombies the other weekend and those were right up there on the cool scale for me. Some personalized items.

But really the neatest thing I found was this log book that was more like a travel journal but everyone was answering the questions on their page and it was a really interesting read.

A lanyard from an Italian Forestry Service from a cache in Rome. I attached it to my GPS and used it for a couple of years until my GPS got stolen.

A bicycle bell. My next door neighbor had just bought a class Schwinn bicycle and I was talking with him as he was restoring it the day before and he said "all I need now is a bicycle bell.".

A $2 bill. A real honest $2 bill. I still have it.

Cool, I handle a fair amount of cash daily at work, and often buy the $2 bills and odd coins (foreign, $1, $.50) that come through so I can use them as cache swag or droppings. I'm glad to see that someone got some pleasure from finding unusual money in the cache.

are_you_my_mother.jpg

The book entitled Are You My Mother which was one my wife was trying to find at garage sales and flea markets to add to her collection of childhood favorites. I found it in an ammo box "library" of hard-cover books. Amazing that it had this particular book in it!

Edited by geocating