Bruce Trail caching

SurveyContactTeam

I hear there are some great places to go caching along the Bruce Trail. I also know there's quite a lot of it. We have two kids, 7 and 10, who would be up for a bit of hiking but nothing too strenuous. Can anyone recommend an area, or a series, that we should try? Caches large enough for tradables would be more fun for them than micros, obviously. We're east in the east end of Toronto, so while we're willing to do some driving to get to it, the peninsula (for example) would be too far. :)

I hear there are some great places to go caching along the Bruce Trail. I also know there's quite a lot of it. We have two kids, 7 and 10, who would be up for a bit of hiking but nothing too strenuous. Can anyone recommend an area, or a series, that we should try? Caches large enough for tradables would be more fun for them than micros, obviously. We're east in the east end of Toronto, so while we're willing to do some driving to get to it, the peninsula (for example) would be too far. :)

I've been collecting BT caches in a bookmark list:

http://www.geocachin...aa-429f560f8300

Caches on my BT list with the highest Favorite votes:

Deer Bait

Webster's Falls

Bruce Almighty (Burlington) Final - Ancient Glade

Bruce Almighty (Burlington) Bonus - What a Blast!

Bruce Almighty (Burlington) #3 - Cavelet

Lucifer's Lookout

Prickle's Pond

Bruce Almighty (Burlington) #2 - "Gorge"ous

Bruce Almighty (Burlington) #4 - 's Bruce right?

Bruce Almighty (Burlington) #5 - Cavelet, too!

Eagles Nest; Caverns Walk

Bruce Almighty (Burlington) #1 - Rock 'n' Wood

Seize the Day

Ruins....Just off 6

Logging on the Bruce Trail

I live in Halton region (west of Toronto) and there are many great spots for hiking/caching along the Bruce Trail. I also have 2 children ( 9 and 12 ), so I understand the challenge of finding something interesting for them.

One of my favourite spots is Hilton Falls. We hike there several times a year. There are several caches in the area. You can find a traditional, multi, letterbox hybrid, virtual, puzzle, and earth cache, all within a small area. In fact, the earth, virtual, and multi are located at a single spot on the Bruce Trail. And there is an excellent traditional cache within a short distance.

When I did my Bruce Trail caching expeditions, I searched online for a BT kmz file (named BruceTrail.kmz) which I loaded into Google Earth. Combine that with the Geocaching Google Earth viewer, and you can see what caches are along the trail. I'll print it out, so I can see what caches are where, and where the roads and such are.

When I did my Bruce Trail caching expeditions, I searched online for a BT kmz file (named BruceTrail.kmz) which I loaded into Google Earth. Combine that with the Geocaching Google Earth viewer, and you can see what caches are along the trail. I'll print it out, so I can see what caches are where, and where the roads and such are.

I'm aware of that file, and it's a bit dated (and fairly low resolution too).

Might I offer an alternative KML file, with, say, 11,000km of Ontario Trails instead ... and frequent updates to that Bruce Trail. Bonus is, you can toss this on your GPS and skip the printout step.

Ontario Trails Project

Or directly to the KML file: Ontario Trails Project 0.78 KML, though I'm pushing out an update later this week so that will be out of date fast. The link to the current KML file is on the front page of the Project website anyway.

When I did my Bruce Trail caching expeditions, I searched online for a BT kmz file (named BruceTrail.kmz) which I loaded into Google Earth. Combine that with the Geocaching Google Earth viewer, and you can see what

caches are along the trail. I'll print it out, so I can see what caches are where, and where the roads and such are.

I'm aware of that file, and it's a bit dated (and fairly low resolution too).

Might I offer an alternative KML file, with, say, 11,000km of Ontario Trails instead ... and frequent updates to that Bruce Trail. Bonus is, you can toss this on your GPS and skip the printout step.

Ontario Trails Project

Or directly to the KML file: Ontario Trails Project 0.78 KML, though I'm pushing out an update later this week so that will be out of date fast. The link to the current KML file is on the front page of the Project website anyway.

Awesome, thank you! I only wish I was able to load maps and such into my GPS, as I have an older model eTrex Summit, which has no internal memory...