New Firmware Explorist GC 1.7

The host this is coming from and the slow download speed and the lack of respective update on the Magellan website and the account it was posted from, all make me suspicious...

I chanced the originallink from 1.6 to 1.7. The software is from may. The spinning Arrow is fixed.

I think it is a Beta!!!

Screenshot: http://s3.imgimg.de/uploads/capture17880133bpng.png

Sorry for my bad english!

Edited by Amiga64

The host this is coming from and the slow download speed and the lack of respective update on the Magellan website and the account it was posted from, all make me suspicious...

No worries!

Actually, this is a legit download. Magellan puts their x10 firmware up on Amazon's Cloudfront. It looks like the GC firmware is up there as well. Their dropbox is d1yle3idvjeby9.cloudfront.net. If you look on the offical website, all the firmware will come down from that domain. When Magellan had password-protected beta firmware for the x10, various users were able to guess the filename and download it directly from Cloudfront.

Just keep in mind: if you grab a piece of firmware directly from cloudfront BEFORE the link is posted on their website, you're downloading beta firmware - with all the caveats that go along with it.

Regards,

- Steve

I also noticed that the file is indeed coming from the same drop box as all the other Magellan firmware releases. Throwing caution to the wind I installed it and went out geocaching. Stopping at traffic lights and such it seems like now the screen spins slightly less though it still happens. Everything else so far seems exactly the same. So after a day of caching it hasn't exploded. :3