Android v2.0.3 Release Notes

Well, Im real curious if the 2.0.3 release will address what it is about this app that isnt working for me. First of all, today I needed to D/L a pocket query to my phone which is an HTC Incredible. The PQ was 900 caches and it took an entire hour to D/L. BTW, I was mobile in several different places during this down load.

My other major gripe is about the fact that when I search for nearby caches it continues to show me my finds. Every time it shows my finds, I go to the advances settings and it shows my finds to be excluded. So, I'll go to the market place and see if 2.0.3 helps.

Edited by Berta, Nick and Zoey

Previous version release notes

Just a quick version to address some reliability issues, including the problem some users were having logging into their accounts. We should have another build coming soon to fix other lingering bugs.

Problems or ideas? Have your say on User Voice!

is the next version going to 'ignore' our ignore lists again ?

I know it's on the list. Looking for a commitment re: 'when'.

Thanks.

Hello,

as I reported in my post ( http://feedback.geocaching.com/forums/75279-geocaching-for-android/suggestions/1882665-saved-logs-sent-logs-not-available-after-updat?ref=title ) I have a problem with Logs (Field Notes):

After update to version 2.0 I cannot see any "sent logs". I have stored my logs as field notes during my caching tour and at home they were displayed in Saved Logs - Pending Logs (as expected). I've sent them all and after this there are no logs in Saved logs (either in pending logs nor in sent logs). Fortunately the transfer of all logs to GC were successful so I didn't lost my logs but they are not available on my android phone (HTC Desire Z).

I hope, that this bug will be fixed soon, in version 2.0.3 it is still alive.

Best regards

Andreas (ANSA61)

I'm having much fewer crashes with 2.0.3 than previous versions.

I have had one crash, when re-opening the app after using some other apps. It tried to open on the cache page I had been viewing. I got a force close, and was returned to the cache list. Not a big problem.

Is anyone able to open PQs from the SD card? I go to menu -> settings -> search for GPX files on the SD card. Within 0,1 seconds, I get "SD card not available". The SD card is installed, other apps are not having problems with it, and the geocaching app is using it for PQs downloaded from the net. I don't understand how to solve this...

I'm having much fewer crashes with 2.0.3 than previous versions.

I should NOT have said that... Crashed after downloading 10 out of 218 caches in a PQ. It restarted my phone completely. After that - 6 force closes in a row before I gave up. :(

Let me know what I can test...

Edit: Phone restart, clear memory, another restart. Still can't get anything other than force close.

Edited by mamoreb

I wish I'd read this thread before I purchased this app!

Very pretty but doesn't behave.

2.0.3 on HTC Desire S running Droid 2.3.3

I'm going to the appstore now to give it a 1 star rating.

Premium members should get this app free.

In fact, why don't GS give it away free and just enable additional features for premium members in the app?

Edited by johnrm

I am tired of this app force closing all the time, so I have done some more detailed testing. Also posted to the feedback forum (Force close - look into SD card communication (http://uservoice.com/a/cbJn7)), but I'm not sure that's the right place to go into detail on bugs.

I have had numerous force closes with version 2.0.2 and 2.0.3.

I have done some testing on my Sony Ericsson Xperia X10, Android 2.1.

First clue: App states that SD card is not available, when trying to search SD for GPX files. (Same as gpx import fails in V2: "sd card not available" (http://uservoice.com/a/1nqo0).)

Second clue: Force closes mainly happen while downloading PQs, or when trying to open the “offline lists” menu items.

I deleted old .db files, uninstalled Geocaching, restarted phone, reinstalled Geocaching.

I tried to search the SD card for GPX files – “SD card not available”.

I set the app to store PQs on the phone.

I downloaded some PQs (small and large) – no problems.

I opened the PQs – no problems.

I set the app to store PQs on the SD card.

I opened offline lists – no problems. There were of course no PQs available on the list, but the app correctly displayed that there were no PQs available.

I downloaded a small PQ (5 caches) – no problem.

I opened the small PQ – no problem.

I restarted the phone, and reopened the small PQ – no problem.

I tried to download a larger PQ (200 caches) – force close at approximately 40 caches, causing the phone to reboot.

I reopened the Geocaching app – got splash screen and main menu, no problem.

I clicked “offline lists” – force close.

I reopened the Geocaching app – got splash screen and main menu, no problem.

I changed database location to phone.

I opened offline lists – no problem.

I chose one of the PQs – no problem.

I changed database location to SD card.

I tried to open offline lists – force close.

Lesson learnt: There must be a problem with the communication between the app and the SD card, causing files to be written incorrectly, thus being unreadable at later stages.

Log:

D/EVENTS ( 2046): rowsSize: 22

D/AWUpdateService( 2046): updated via manager!

I/wpa_supplicant( 1196): CTRL-EVENT-STATE-CHANGE id=3 state=4

I/wpa_supplicant( 1196): Associated with 44:e4:d9:40:14:30

V/WifiMonitor( 1137): Event [CTRL-EVENT-STATE-CHANGE id=3 state=4]

V/WifiMonitor( 1137): Event [Associated with 44:e4:d9:40:14:30]

V/WifiStateTracker( 1137): Changing supplicant state: ASSOCIATED ==> ASSOCIATED

D/WifiStateTracker( 1137): Bring up network interface wlan0 due to new state ASSOCIATED

D/ACRA ( 2046): Preferences changed, check if ACRA configuration must change.

D/AWUpdateService( 2046): Got to end of update block, should be complete!

I/wpa_supplicant( 1196): CTRL-EVENT-EAP-STARTED EAP authentication started

V/WifiMonitor( 1137): Event [CTRL-EVENT-EAP-STARTED EAP authentication started]

I/Process ( 4042): Sending signal. PID: 4042 SIG: 9

I/ActivityManager( 1137): Process com.Groundspeak.geocaching (pid 4042) has died.

I/UsageStats( 1137): Unexpected resume of com.android.launcher while already resumed in com.Groundspeak.geocaching

W/WindowManager( 1137): Rebuild removed 4 windows but added 3

I/WindowManager( 1137): WIN DEATH: Window{46068288 com.Groundspeak.geocaching/com.Groundspeak.geocaching.activities.DashboardActivity paused=false}

W/GpsLocationProvider( 1137): Unneeded remove listener for uid 1000

D/NetworkLocationProvider( 1137): removeListener(): com.sonyericsson.android.server.dormant

D/NetworkLocationProvider( 1137): removeListener(): com.sonyericsson.android.fota

D/NetworkLocationProvider( 1137): removeListener(): location

D/NetworkLocationProvider( 1137): removeListener(): com.sonyericsson.telenorwrapper

D/NetworkLocationProvider( 1137): removeListener(): com.sonyericsson.android.servicemenu

D/NetworkLocationProvider( 1137): removeListener(): com.sonyericsson.customizedsettings

D/NetworkLocationProvider( 1137): removeListener(): settings

D/NetworkLocationProvider( 1137): removeListener(): com.sonyericsson.credentialmanagerservice

D/NetworkLocationProvider( 1137): removeListener(): providers.settings

D/NetworkLocationProvider( 1137): removeListener(): com.spritemobile.playnow

D/NetworkLocationProvider( 1137): removeListener(): com.sonyericsson.android.crashsms

D/NetworkLocationProvider( 1137): removeListener(): com.sonyericsson.android.semcrilextension

D/NetworkLocationProvider( 1137): removeListener(): com.sonyericsson.semccheckin

D/GpsLocationProvider( 1137): GPS status listener died

D/NetworkLocationProvider( 1137): removeListener(): providers.subscribedfeeds

D/NetworkLocationProvider( 1137): removeListener(): android

D/NetworkLocationProvider( 1137): removeListener(): server.checkin

D/NetworkLocationProvider( 1137): removeListener(): com.sonyericsson.android.bootinfo

D/NetworkLocationProvider( 1137): removeListener(): providers.subscribedfeeds

D/NetworkLocationProvider( 1137): removeListener(): server.vpn

D/NetworkLocationProvider( 1137): removeListener(): com.sonyericsson.customizedappinstaller

W/InputManagerService( 1137): Got RemoteException sending setActive(false) notification to pid 4042 uid 10094

I/dalvikvm( 4090): Debugger thread not active, ignoring DDM send (t=0x41504e4d l=38)

I/dalvikvm( 4090): Debugger thread not active, ignoring DDM send (t=0x41504e4d l=62)

D/dalvikvm( 1069): GC freed 311 objects / 11840 bytes in 180ms

D/dalvikvm( 1069): GC freed 57 objects / 2640 bytes in 171ms

D/dalvikvm( 1069): GC freed 2 objects / 56 bytes in 174ms

D/dalvikvm( 4090): GC freed 2843 objects / 166944 bytes in 104ms

V/PollAlarmReceiver( 4090): onReceive, starting PollService

D/StatusBar( 1137): DISABLE_EXPAND: yes

I have done some more testing. I changed to a different SD card, and reinstalled the Geocaching app.

* Offline database set to store on SD card

* Small PQ downloaded (5 caches) - no problem

* Open offline lists - the PQ is there - no problem

* Large PQ downloaded (400 caches) - no problem

* Open offline lists - NO PQs are there, not the small one from earlier, not the large one that was just downloaded.

Logs are available if you need them.

Something is definitely wrong, and it doesn't seem to have something to do with my SD cards.

OMG! What a POS! I had not updated because I have friends that use this app and they have NOTHING BUT COMPLAINTS about the update. Their COMPLAINTS were:

using the MAP option on navigate to cache doesn't move. You have to backout and re-enter to see how much closer to the cache you are.

Using the COMPASS option on navigate to cache doesn't move. You have to backout and re-enter to see how much closer to the cache you are.

Logging into the app - tapping on Find nearby caches you get "You are not authorized to use this feature.

I NEVER had these problems until I installed your update

There are others but I will let them address it. I am so angry about this! I paid for two apps - mine and for my wife - and got an update that completely sucks and that does not work.

Why would you people release this crap to us and expect us to just take it? What is wrong with you all? Is this how you want to do business?

I expect an update soon that either repairs or removes this craptastic update.

My version of android: 2.2.2

Phone - LG Ally

Edited by Da Krewe

android.database.sqlite.SQLiteDatabaseCorruptException: database disk image is malformed

D/dalvikvm(11057): GC freed 10695 objects / 526344 bytes in 123ms

D/dalvikvm( 1146): GC freed 16369 objects / 725448 bytes in 197ms

I/global (13674): Default buffer size used in BufferedReader constructor. It would be better to be explicit if an 8k-char buffer is required.

D/com.Groundspeak.geocaching.metadata.Photo(13674): Unexpected name during json parsing: MobileUrl

D/com.Groundspeak.geocaching.metadata.Photo(13674): Unexpected name during json parsing: ThumbUrl

D/com.Groundspeak.geocaching.metadata.Photo(13674): Unexpected name during json parsing: MobileUrl

D/com.Groundspeak.geocaching.metadata.Photo(13674): Unexpected name during json parsing: ThumbUrl

D/dalvikvm(15800): GC freed 1976 objects / 604760 bytes in 78ms

D/dalvikvm(15800): GC freed 803 objects / 642288 bytes in 61ms

D/dalvikvm(15800): GC freed 1535 objects / 614128 bytes in 66ms

D/com.Groundspeak.geocaching.api.methods.SearchForGeocaches(13674): Ignoring json value: PQCount

D/com.Groundspeak.geocaching.api.methods.SearchForGeocaches(13674): Ignoring json value: CacheCodes

D/dalvikvm(13674): GC freed 18417 objects / 1037448 bytes in 55ms

E/Database(13674): CREATE TABLE android_metadata failed

E/Database(13674): Failed to setLocale() when constructing, closing the database

E/Database(13674): android.database.sqlite.SQLiteDatabaseCorruptException: database disk image is malformed

E/Database(13674): at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteDatabase.native_setLocale(Native Method)

E/Database(13674): at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteDatabase.setLocale(SQLiteDatabase.java:1751)

E/Database(13674): at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteDatabase.<init>(SQLiteDatabase.java:1701)

E/Database(13674): at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteDatabase.openDatabase(SQLiteDatabase.java:739)

E/Database(13674): at com.Groundspeak.geocaching.db.UserDatabase.get(UserDatabase.java:169)

E/Database(13674): at com.Groundspeak.geocaching.db.UserDatabase.get(UserDatabase.java:160)

E/Database(13674): at com.Groundspeak.geocaching.db.UserDatabase.insertGeocaches(UserDatabase.java:838)

E/Database(13674): at com.Groundspeak.geocaching.tasks.FetchPocketQueryTask.doTask(FetchPocketQueryTask.java:116)

E/Database(13674): at com.Groundspeak.geocaching.tasks.GSTask.doInBackground(GSTask.java:42)

E/Database(13674): at android.os.AsyncTask$2.call(AsyncTask.java:185)

E/Database(13674): at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:305)

E/Database(13674): at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:137)

E/Database(13674): at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1068)

E/Database(13674): at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:561)

E/Database(13674): at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:1096)

E/Database(13674): Deleting and re-creating corrupt database /sdcard/Geocaching/2dbf02d4-d4e4-4760-999f-aea7e691e779.db

E/Database(13674): android.database.sqlite.SQLiteDatabaseCorruptException: database disk image is malformed

E/Database(13674): at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteDatabase.native_setLocale(Native Method)

E/Database(13674): at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteDatabase.setLocale(SQLiteDatabase.java:1751)

E/Database(13674): at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteDatabase.<init>(SQLiteDatabase.java:1701)

E/Database(13674): at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteDatabase.openDatabase(SQLiteDatabase.java:739)

E/Database(13674): at com.Groundspeak.geocaching.db.UserDatabase.get(UserDatabase.java:169)

E/Database(13674): at com.Groundspeak.geocaching.db.UserDatabase.get(UserDatabase.java:160)

E/Database(13674): at com.Groundspeak.geocaching.db.UserDatabase.insertGeocaches(UserDatabase.java:838)

E/Database(13674): at com.Groundspeak.geocaching.tasks.FetchPocketQueryTask.doTask(FetchPocketQueryTask.java:116)

E/Database(13674): at com.Groundspeak.geocaching.tasks.GSTask.doInBackground(GSTask.java:42)

E/Database(13674): at android.os.AsyncTask$2.call(AsyncTask.java:185)

E/Database(13674): at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:305)

E/Database(13674): at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:137)

E/Database(13674): at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1068)

E/Database(13674): at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:561)

E/Database(13674): at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:1096)

E/Database(13674): sqlite3_open_v2("/sdcard/Geocaching/2dbf02d4-d4e4-4760-999f-aea7e691e779.db", &handle, 2, NULL) failed

D/dalvikvm(11057): GC freed 10860 objects / 529616 bytes in 53ms

W/dalvikvm(13674): threadid=49: thread exiting with uncaught exception (group=0x40023160)

E/AndroidRuntime(13674): Uncaught handler: thread AsyncTask #5 exiting due to uncaught exception

E/AndroidRuntime(13674): java.lang.RuntimeException: An error occured while executing doInBackground()

E/AndroidRuntime(13674): at android.os.AsyncTask$3.done(AsyncTask.java:200)

E/AndroidRuntime(13674): at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerSetException(FutureTask.java:273)

E/AndroidRuntime(13674): at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.setException(FutureTask.java:124)

E/AndroidRuntime(13674): at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:307)

E/AndroidRuntime(13674): at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:137)

E/AndroidRuntime(13674): at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1068)

E/AndroidRuntime(13674): at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:561)

E/AndroidRuntime(13674): at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:1096)

E/AndroidRuntime(13674): Caused by: android.database.sqlite.SQLiteException: unable to open database file

E/AndroidRuntime(13674): at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteDatabase.dbopen(Native Method)

E/AndroidRuntime(13674): at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteDatabase.<init>(SQLiteDatabase.java:1698)

E/AndroidRuntime(13674): at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteDatabase.openDatabase(SQLiteDatabase.java:746)

E/AndroidRuntime(13674): at com.Groundspeak.geocaching.db.UserDatabase.get(UserDatabase.java:169)

E/AndroidRuntime(13674): at com.Groundspeak.geocaching.db.UserDatabase.get(UserDatabase.java:160)

E/AndroidRuntime(13674): at com.Groundspeak.geocaching.db.UserDatabase.insertGeocaches(UserDatabase.java:838)

E/AndroidRuntime(13674): at com.Groundspeak.geocaching.tasks.FetchPocketQueryTask.doTask(FetchPocketQueryTask.java:116)

E/AndroidRuntime(13674): at com.Groundspeak.geocaching.tasks.GSTask.doInBackground(GSTask.java:42)

E/AndroidRuntime(13674): at android.os.AsyncTask$2.call(AsyncTask.java:185)

E/AndroidRuntime(13674): at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:305)

E/AndroidRuntime(13674): ... 4 more

E/SemcCheckin(13674): Get crash dump level : java.io.FileNotFoundException: /data/semc-checkin/crashdump

W/ActivityManager( 1146): Unable to start service Intent { act=com.sonyericsson.android.jcrashcatcher.action.BUGREPORT_AUTO cmp=com.sonyericsson.android.jcrashcatcher/.JCrashCatcherService (has extras) }: not found

I/Process ( 1146): Sending signal. PID: 13674 SIG: 3

I/dalvikvm(13674): threadid=7: reacting to signal 3

I/dalvikvm(13674): Wrote stack trace to '/data/anr/traces.txt'

I/Process (13674): Sending signal. PID: 13674 SIG: 9

I/ActivityManager( 1146): Process com.Groundspeak.geocaching (pid 13674) has died.

I/WindowManager( 1146): WIN DEATH: Window{45eab6d0 com.Groundspeak.geocaching/com.Groundspeak.geocaching.activities.PocketQueryDownloadActivity paused=false}

I/WindowManager( 1146): WIN DEATH: Window{45fd59b8 com.Groundspeak.geocaching/com.Groundspeak.geocaching.activities.PocketQueryDownloadActivity paused=false}

I/WindowManager( 1146): WIN DEATH: Window{45d31df8 com.Groundspeak.geocaching/com.Groundspeak.geocaching.activities.DashboardActivity paused=false}

I/ActivityManager( 1146): Start proc com.Groundspeak.geocaching for activity com.Groundspeak.geocaching/.activities.PocketQueryDownloadActivity: pid=15847 uid=10015 gids={3003, 1015}

I/dalvikvm(15847): Debugger thread not active, ignoring DDM send (t=0x41504e4d l=38)

I/dalvikvm(15847): Debugger thread not active, ignoring DDM send (t=0x41504e4d l=56)

D/LocationManager(15847): Constructor: service = android.location.ILocationManager$Stub$Proxy@458ea038

D/NetworkLocationProvider( 1146): addListener(): com.Groundspeak.geocaching

W/ActivityManager( 1146): Activity pause timeout for HistoryRecord{45eea928 com.Groundspeak.geocaching/.activities.PocketQueryDownloadActivity}

D/dalvikvm(15847): GC freed 1539 objects / 130528 bytes in 77ms

D/LocationManager(15847): removeUpdates: listener = com.Groundspeak.geocaching.location.GSDeviceLocator$1@458e9ba0

D/NetworkLocationProvider( 1146): removeListener(): com.Groundspeak.geocaching

D/dalvikvm(11057): GC freed 10556 objects / 522992 bytes in 76ms

D/dalvikvm( 7007): GC freed 3838 objects / 174888 bytes in 75ms

D/dalvikvm(15847): GC freed 6782 objects / 443016 bytes in 86ms

D/dalvikvm( 7192): GC freed 34158 objects / 2017232 bytes in 200ms

D/dalvikvm(15800): GC freed 2050 objects / 675704 bytes in 48ms

D/dalvikvm(15800): GC freed 421 objects / 621552 bytes in 37ms

D/dalvikvm(15800): GC freed 1897 objects / 599936 bytes in 38ms

D/dalvikvm(15800): GC freed 410 objects / 621624 bytes in 45ms

D/dalvikvm(11057): GC freed 10402 objects / 514648 bytes in 43ms

D/dalvikvm( 3984): GC freed 4216 objects / 288080 bytes in 59ms

D/SystemPanel(13955): Recorder Update, force=false

D/SystemPanel(13955): Created master record in: 5ms. Checkpoint=true

D/dalvikvm( 3984): GC freed 4247 objects / 284872 bytes in 44ms

D/dalvikvm(11057): GC freed 10694 objects / 529424 bytes in 36ms

D/WifiService( 1146): got ACTION_DEVICE_IDLE

I/wpa_supplicant( 4456): CTRL-EVENT-STATE-CHANGE id=0 state=8

V/WifiMonitor( 1146): Event [CTRL-EVENT-STATE-CHANGE id=0 state=8]

V/WifiStateTracker( 1146): Changing supplicant state: COMPLETED ==> DORMANT

D/WifiStateTracker( 1146): Deconfiguring interface and stopping DHCP

W/Smack/Packet( 4010): notify conn break (IOEx), close connection

D/Smack ( 4010): [XMPPConn] close connection, notifyClosed=false

I/wpa_supplicant( 4456): CTRL-EVENT-DISCONNECTED - Disconnect event - remove keys

I/wpa_supplicant( 4456): CTRL-EVENT-STATE-CHANGE id=-1 state=8

V/WifiMonitor( 1146): Event [CTRL-EVENT-DISCONNECTED - Disconnect event - remove keys]

V/WifiMonitor( 1146): Event [CTRL-EVENT-STATE-CHANGE id=-1 state=8]

D/NetworkStateTracker( 1146): setDetailed state, old =CONNECTED and new state=IDLE

I/wpa_supplicant( 4456): CTRL-EVENT-DRIVER-STATE STOPPED

V/WifiMonitor( 1146): Event [CTRL-EVENT-DRIVER-STATE STOPPED]

V/WifiStateTracker( 1146): New network state is DISCONNECTED

V/WifiStateTracker( 1146): Changing supplicant state: DORMANT ==> DORMANT

D/ConnectivityService( 1146): ConnectivityChange for WIFI: DISCONNECTED/IDLE

D/DataConnectionTracker( 7007): enableApnType(default), isApnTypeActive = false and state = IDLE

V/ConnectivityService( 1146): Attempting to switch to MOBILE

D/GpsLocationProvider( 1146): updateNetworkState available info: NetworkInfo: type: WIFI[], state: DISCONNECTED/IDLE, reason: (unspecified), extra: (none), roaming: false, failover: false, isAvailable: false

I/wpa_supplicant( 4456): CTRL-EVENT-STATE-CHANGE id=-1 state=2

V/WifiMonitor( 1146): Event [CTRL-EVENT-STATE-CHANGE id=-1 state=2]

V/WifiStateTracker( 1146): Changing supplicant state: DORMANT ==> SCANNING

D/NetworkStateTracker( 1146): setDetailed state, old =IDLE and new state=SCANNING

W/wpa_supplicant( 4456): Failed to initiate AP scan.

I/ActivityManager( 1146): Start proc com.sonyericsson.idd.agent for broadcast com.sonyericsson.idd.agent/.IDDAutoStart: pid=15905 uid=10192 gids={3003, 1015}

V/TEST] ( 2064): ANY_DATA_STATE

D/ConnectivityService( 1146): Dropping ConnectivityChange for WIFI: DISCONNECTED/SCANNING

V/AutoSyncService( 3960): onCreate()

V/AutoSyncService( 3960): onStart(): action_auto_sync_event[3]

V/AutoSyncService( 3960): onDestroy()

I/dalvikvm(15905): Debugger thread not active, ignoring DDM send (t=0x41504e4d l=38)

I/dalvikvm(15905): Debugger thread not active, ignoring DDM send (t=0x41504e4d l=56)

D/dalvikvm( 1146): GC freed 15672 objects / 680024 bytes in 146ms

I/GTalkService( 4010): [serviceAutoStarter] --- start GTalk service ---

I/MediaUploader(10299): No need to wake up

I/ActivityManager( 1146): Start proc com.waze for broadcast com.waze/.ConnEventReceiver: pid=15915 uid=10143 gids={3003, 1015, 1006}

I/k9 ( 1392): AutoSync help is available, autoSync = false

I/dalvikvm(15915): Debugger thread not active, ignoring DDM send (t=0x41504e4d l=38)

I/dalvikvm(15915): Debugger thread not active, ignoring DDM send (t=0x41504e4d l=20)

I/ActivityManager( 1146): Process com.levelup.beautifulwidgets (pid 15800) has died.

I/UsageStats( 1146): Something wrong here, didn't expect com.Groundspeak.geocaching to be paused

I/ActivityManager( 1146): Process com.sonyericsson.idd.agent (pid 15905) has died.

D/dalvikvm(15915): GC freed 1987 objects / 157912 bytes in 50ms

I/WAZE [ ConnEventReceiver ](15915): Received event: android.net.conn.CONNECTIVITY_CHANGE. Connectivity: true. Type: WIFI ( 1 ). State: DISCONNECTED. Connected: false

V/com.skype.MainReceiver(13908): CONNECTIVITY_ACTION connected:false

I/ActivityManager( 1146): Start proc com.levelup.beautifulwidgets for broadcast com.levelup.beautifulwidgets/.ToggleWidgets: pid=15922 uid=10105 gids={3003, 3002, 3001, 1015}

I/dalvikvm(15922): Debugger thread not active, ignoring DDM send (t=0x41504e4d l=38)

I/dalvikvm(15922): Debugger thread not active, ignoring DDM send (t=0x41504e4d l=60)

I/ActivityManager( 1146): Process com.waze (pid 15915) has died.

D/Beautiful Widgets(15922): Creating application object

D/Beautiful Widgets(15922): CONNECTIVITY_CHANGE

I/ActivityManager( 1146): Process com.levelup.beautifulwidgets (pid 15922) has died.

I/ActivityManager( 1146): Start proc com.levelup.beautifulwidgets for broadcast com.levelup.beautifulwidgets/.ClockWidget: pid=15931 uid=10105 gids={3003, 3002, 3001, 1015}

I/dalvikvm(15931): Debugger thread not active, ignoring DDM send (t=0x41504e4d l=38)

I/dalvikvm(15931): Debugger thread not active, ignoring DDM send (t=0x41504e4d l=60)

D/Beautiful Widgets(15931): Creating application object

E/dalvikvm(15931): Could not find class 'android.app.Fragment', referenced from method com.levelup.Xlarge.areFragmentsSupported

W/dalvikvm(15931): VFY: unable to resolve const-class 13 (Landroid/app/Fragment;) in Lcom/levelup/Xlarge;

D/dalvikvm(15931): VFY: replacing opcode 0x1c at 0x0000

D/dalvikvm(15931): Making a copy of Lcom/levelup/Xlarge;.areFragmentsSupported code (32 bytes)

D/dalvikvm(15931): GC freed 3318 objects / 234560 bytes in 84ms

D/dalvikvm(15931): GC freed 501 objects / 463392 bytes in 31ms

D/dalvikvm(15931): GC freed 810 objects / 475632 bytes in 33ms

D/dalvikvm(15931): GC freed 199 objects / 8200 bytes in 32ms

D/dalvikvm(15931): GC freed 1526 objects / 648584 bytes in 148ms

D/dalvikvm(13606): GC freed 4204 objects / 252000 bytes in 55ms

D/dalvikvm(11057): GC freed 10476 objects / 521784 bytes in 37ms

D/dalvikvm(11057): GC freed 10772 objects / 532384 bytes in 75ms

D/dalvikvm( 7007): GC freed 3677 objects / 149976 bytes in 99ms

D/dalvikvm(11057): GC freed 10599 objects / 525952 bytes in 325ms

D/KeyguardViewMediator( 1146): wakeWhenReadyLocked(3)

D/KeyguardViewMediator( 1146): handleWakeWhenReady(3)

D/KeyguardViewMediator( 1146): pokeWakelock(5000)

I/power ( 1146): *** set_screen_state 1

I/GASH-ak897x( 1146): ak897x_set_delay: 200 ms for AK8973 Compass

I/GASH-ak897x( 1146): ak897x_set_delay: 200 ms for AK8973 Compass Raw

I/GASH-ak897x( 1146): ak897x_set_delay: 200 ms for AK8973 Magnetic Field

I/UsageStats( 1146): Unexpected resume of com.Groundspeak.geocaching while already resumed in com.Groundspeak.geocaching

W/InputManagerService( 1146): Got RemoteException sending 'screen on/off' notification to pid 13674 uid 10015

D/TEST] ( 2064): There are 0 instances of Clock

D/WifiService( 1146): ACTION_SCREEN_ON

D/SystemPanel(13955): Recorder Update, force=false

D/SystemPanel(13955): Created master record in: 5ms. Checkpoint=true

D/SurfaceFlinger( 1146): Screen about to return, flinger = 0x11ce50

D/KeyguardViewMediator( 1146): pokeWakelock(5000)

I/wpa_supplicant( 4456): CTRL-EVENT-DRIVER-STATE STARTED

D/dalvikvm( 1146): GC freed 13800 objects / 581216 bytes in 167ms

V/WifiMonitor( 1146): Event [CTRL-EVENT-DRIVER-STATE STARTED]

D/ViewFlipper( 7192): updateRunning() mVisible=true, mStarted=false, mUserPresent=true, mRunning=false

W/InputManagerService( 1146): Got RemoteException sending setActive(false) notification to pid 13674 uid 10015

W/KeyboardStateImpl(10359): EditorInfo provided is null or not valid, defaulting to dumb mode!

I/ActivityManager( 1146): Displayed activity com.Groundspeak.geocaching/.activities.PocketQueryDownloadActivity: 72759 ms (total 72759 ms)

I/ActivityManager( 1146): Displayed activity com.Groundspeak.geocaching/.activities.DashboardActivity: 72664 ms (total 72664 ms)

I/ActivityManager( 1146): Start proc com.sonyericsson.android.timescape for broadcast com.sonyericsson.android.timescape/.Widget.TimeScapeWidgetProvider: pid=15949 uid=10009 gids={3003, 1015}

I/dalvikvm(15949): Debugger thread not active, ignoring DDM send (t=0x41504e4d l=38)

D/dalvikvm( 1066): GC freed 308 objects / 11752 bytes in 48ms

I/dalvikvm(15949): Debugger thread not active, ignoring DDM send (t=0x41504e4d l=72)

D/dalvikvm( 1066): GC freed 57 objects / 2632 bytes in 40ms

D/dalvikvm( 1066): GC freed 2 objects / 48 bytes in 61ms

It is very frustrating that when I am in a "no service" area, that the Geocaching application does not work, even though I have downloaded "offline lists". It appears when you first launch the app, it tries to access the internet, and it never lets me access offline lists, it just sits there keeping trying to get to the internet. Please let me use offline lists when I am in a no service area!

It is very frustrating that when I am in a "no service" area, that the Geocaching application does not work, even though I have downloaded "offline lists". It appears when you first launch the app, it tries to access the internet, and it never lets me access offline lists, it just sits there keeping trying to get to the internet. Please let me use offline lists when I am in a no service area!
I've never had problems with the app not coming up in no-service areas, but I've had it come up very slowly in no-service areas. I found that putting the phone in airplane mode helped; the connection failed immediately, rather than waiting for the connection attempt to time out.

Also, I've had lots of problems with the map feature...when I click view on map..sometimes trying to zoom in or pan the map makes the map flip out and scroll crazy and move miles away from where I'm trying to zoom into.

A couple of weeks go by after my initial post about the problems I am having with the Android app that I had to buy in order to use it. No response from the GS folks. But, I go to the topic about site upgrades and I see all sorts of responses to the questions asked by non-paying/non-premium members. I wonder if I bought a car and I had problems with it and informed the folks who sold me said car, and they didnt respond to cumstomers concerns/issues/etc, how long would they stay in business.

Come on guys, dont put out something that doesnt work and expect us to like it. I am using 2.0.3 and my two complaints are..

I am unable to filter out my finds. Yes, I have told the app to not show my finds.

The other issue is that it takes an hour to download a PQ to my phone. Im running an HTC Incredible.

Updated to 2.0.3 last weekend. Would not hide my finds.

I am pretty sure it buggered my data connection - could not load maps or anything except email. Spent a half hour on the phone with Verizon this morning getting my phone reset. Anyway to go back to the previous version?

Droid X

Edited by cleandrysurface

A lot of the problem is with the LG Ally phone not with the app. I had the Ally and every app force closed and the Ally has such poor reviews which I didn't look at until I started having problems with the phone. I finally got tired of it and upgraded to a Droid Pro and have had no problems since unless I am in a dead zone and then I have no service.

I am very disappointed in the waste of money for this app. It is unreliable at best, and at worst, posted my finds to someone's else's account. Now today it will not even launch. Until Groundspeak can produce a reliable and robust product that does what we have paid very well for (most expensive app I ever bought!), AVOID THIS APP.

Not sure if related, but is anyone else have problems with map feature, saying its to big to open on phone (Android)? I can sometimes get map to open by checking out of the Beta to oringal map but is a real pain. Liked to old site better where you could search for near by caches using the map, but as I said the Beta one is too big for adroid.

Come on guys, dont put out something that doesnt work and expect us to like it. I am using 2.0.3 and my two complaints are..

Unfortunately, this has become a tradition with Groundspeak. Why Nate? Why Jeremy? Why MoutaninMan? The truth hurts.

I am very disappointed in the waste of money for this app. It is unreliable at best, and at worst, posted my finds to someone's else's account. Now today it will not even launch. Until Groundspeak can produce a reliable and robust product that does what we have paid very well for (most expensive app I ever bought!), AVOID THIS APP.

We all should get an $8 credit, noway this app (one of the most expensive in the market) is worth what is being charged. Good thing there are WAY better alternatives. Funny how one person does a way better job than the team here does or perhaps that is the problem team member 1 does not know what member 2 is doing????

We should have another build coming soon to fix other lingering bugs.

It's been more than a month, is there any news on this? The app works acceptably most of the time, but the long start-up wait is really annoying.

I'm thinking I might contact my credit card company and get a refund. It's ridiculous how Groundspeak is treating it's users who have already paid for premium features of the site. You would think they would care a bit more about their "Official" android app considering the Android OS platform currently has the world's largest mobile user base.