Accessory question

So, I just bought a GPSmap 62s. I already own a Nuvi 500 and a host of accessories for mounting it (vent mount, handlebar mount). What I'm looking for is an accessory that I can slide onto the rail mount on the 62s that will give it a socket similar to the clip on mount for to Nuvi 500 so I can snap it into the same mounts (I would call it a ball and socket mount, but I don't know what the different types of mounts are called). Does something like that exist? Thanks!

Garmin does make an auto mount kit for the 62S. It's the same suction cup & ball and socket thing the Nuvis use, and comes with a power cable that plugs into the cigarette lighter socket. Grossly overpriced though at $49.99:

https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=15428

Ah ha! That's what I'm looking for! If only I could just get the piece that slides onto the rail and not all of the extra stuff. I'm just glad to know it does exist. Maybe I can find one used on ebay or something, I'm really not interested in paying 50 bucks for it. Thanks!

I am using the same power cable that I use to charge my motorola hands free device. But before you try this you must first tell the 62S how to respond when you plug a generic power cord in. follow these steps and you will have know problem. The 62S will ask if you want USB or power mode.

Setup>System>Interface setting configured to Garmin Spanner.

Edited by Riptyd