Help with updating caches on Garmin Dakota 10 please

Hi all

I am after a little help here. I have a garmin dakota 10 with 1000 local caches loaded on to it. Every week I get a pocket query of the ones that have been updated in the past week, new logs, notes etc. When I receive the PQ I get it as a zipped file. I have tried 2 ways of uploading the latest logs to my GPS, one by copying and pasting the unzipped file straight into my gps by directly putting it in to the F drive (garmin dakota) by opening the folders there, clicking on garmin, clicking on GPX and dropping it in. The other way is by opening easy GPS and sending it to my device from there.

Neither way seems to update the logs in my device and the only way I can update them is by deleting all my files from the gps and running a new PQ of 1000 caches near home. Then they go in my empty garmin fine.

Can anyone enlighten me as to what I am doing wrong? There must be an easier way to update the caches already loaded? Or do i just need to continue what I am doing?

Many thanks in advance for your help

I make sure that the Pocket query folder is always named the same then it simply overwrites the previous version.

Thank you Highland Horde, I think that is where I have been going wrong. I always given it a different(updated) name.I shall try keeping the name the same and let you know if this works.I am sure it will. Thanks again for your help!

I make sure that the Pocket query folder is always named the same then it simply overwrites the previous version.

Thanks again Highland Horde. This was indeed my problem. I saved another one over the old one today and it is updated beautifully. My problem is solved!