Travel bug alert

Ladybuggers!

I have been using skydivers new cache alert to let me know when new caches are placed in my area. I asked skydiver if he had anyway to make a travelbug alert, for when travelbugs are placed in my area also. He said that it wasn't possible to do from his end, but he liked the idea and said that I should bring it up here for suggestion to geocaching.com. I know alot of cachers that flock to caches they have already been to just to grab a travelbug.

So, Jeremy, is it possible to have such a program availble?

The daily pocket query would work, but not the way that the new cache alert works. It sends you an email when each new cache it hidden. If you have your email open all the time you get a notification within an hour os so. For travelbugs this would be the benefit to the person who really enjoyes moving them along. They would get immediate notification instead of waiting 24 hours for the next PQ.

at first i didnt like the idea of revisiting a cache just for the bug, but now that i have purchased and released over a dozen bugs they dont really move as it is, let alone if they could only move by newbies.. the main point of these things is to move move move.. if you want it.. then get off your butt and go grab it before the next cacher does... or support the site and buy your own!

kaveh