Pocket queries - where are they?

Dave and Michelle

quote:
Originally posted by Dave&Michelle:

The only way I've been able to get PQ for the past 2 weeks is to delete my queries and re-enter them. Why is this happening and when will it be fixed (if ever)?

It looks like all your queries are going out but I can't tell if that's because you keep recreating them. If you can stop editing them for a couple of days then I can check the logs to see what might be happening.

frog.gif Elias

Well, mine aren't coming through at all! If I delete and resubmit, they arrive, otherwise, nothing! I haven't touched them for several days, so if you can check on them Elias I would much appreciate it!

Thanks,

SerenityNow

This world has nothing for me

And this world has everything.

All that I could want

And nothing that I need.

**** Cademan's Call ****

Actually, the number of threads along this line shows there is a problem in delivery somwehere, but more importantly, it highlights the absence of feedback on the current status of a PQ in the queue.

If http://www.geocaching.com/pocket/ could list the last time a query ran, the mail delivery status (queued, retrying, delivered, bounce message text, etc.) and the position in the queue ("your query for today is 147'th in line")

I'm speculating the mail delivery state might be hard to get because the MTA is likely asynchronous but it would be a big help to folks trying to figure out where their queries are. But even knowing the current position in the generation queue would be helpful.

Well, mine still are not coming to me on a daily basis the way I have 2 of them marked! I got then on the 27th and then nothing the 28th. I have deleted and redone them so we'll see what happens now. Elias, if you are out there can you check and see if there is anything wrong with the way I am creating my PQ's I changed the freqency from daily to three times weekly to see if it helps in getting them more promptly!

This world has nothing for me

And this world has everything.

All that I could want

And nothing that I need.

**** Cademan's Call ****

I run Two PQ's Once a week. I've never run into a problem.

Maybe you guys need to cut back on the amount of days you get them for a while. See if that helps the problem.

Nobody can be so amusingly arrogant as a young man who has just discovered an old idea and thinks it is his own.

Sydney J. Harris

I have/had 2 queries. In the past I'd occasionally used all 5.

Today I can NOT edit existing queries or add to the 2 already there.

I'll try again later but thought I'd post a note.

Seems to go thru the motions, but i hit send and go back to main Query screen and see no changes even after refresh. NEVER had that happen before and I used the Query system extensively b4 I left for vacation last month.

Discovered it will not let me create a query without an origin.

I was trying to get all caches I have found - up to 500. My caches have been found in about 10 different states and spread out over about 1500 miles.

Do I need to do this state by state. OR 500 mile radius?

Anyone know any way to get all in one query?

If I lived in another country I could set the origin to a country name but strangely United States is not included in the country list.(country discrimination?).

Thanks for any assistance.

[This message was edited by maleki on August 31, 2003 at 11:33 PM.]