GPS donations for Christian schools

tycho32

I teach junior high geography and all the high school histories at a Christian school in NH. I was thinking of starting a goecaching club for the junior high students but was curious if there is a site lite donorschoose.org for non-public schools? Any help or direction you could provide would be greatly appreciated. I use my android phone and would advise them to do the same but most of my students do not have them and I think at least one GPS would be more beneficial as a teaching tool.

Thanks

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I have worked in all three areas: private non-profit, private schoola and public school. Donor's choose is only for public schools.

I have found for the private programs, contacting your volunteer base and letting them know specific needs, they come through. As far as a private Christian school, let the parents know of the need. Set a fund bucket in the office and you will be surprised how fast you collect the money.

I ran a non-profit religous based environmental program for many years before going to the classroom. Our tractor broke down. I let our volunteer base know. A new tractor costs thousands!

In six months, we had the money to buy a new one.